Will new Gear VR work with Note 5 (Model SM-920-C) purchased from Amazon.com?

A

AC Question

Will new Gear VR work with Note 5 (Model SM-920-C) purchased from Amazon.com

Hi. I have purchased (pre-ordered) the new Gear VR from Amazon.com. It's yet to be delivered. I am wondering if it will work with my Note-5 (unlocked) purchased in UAE. Model number SM-920C.

I saw that updates for GearVR are being rolled out by T-mobile. I have not yet received any update from Samsung.

John Ball1

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Re: Will new Gear VR work with Note 5 (Model SM-920-C) purchased from Amazon.com

There is a Note 5 version of the Gear VR. Be prepared for Note 5 to overheat after 25-30 minutes and shut itself down.

Posted via the Android Central App

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Re: Will new Gear VR work with Note 5 (Model SM-920-C) purchased from Amazon.com

I have the Gear VR for the Note 5. Yes the phone gets warm/hot. I was able to watch a full movie on Netflix and the phone did not shut down. I left the cover off so don't know if that makes a difference.
Play a movie on a virtual screen that is larger than life is amazing. The Netflix app puts you in a mountain cabin, but also allows you to set a screen only environment. Just look up and select the void option.
I have an IMAX video of the space station in 3rd and it is awesome when set to 360 view.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer