Note 5 heating issues

srinathp1988

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
I was using note 3 and now I have got a note 5. I feel the note 5 is getting noticeably heated up when charging and while playing games. I never had this problem with note 3. Is anyone else facing the same issue?

Posted via the Android Central App

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
My 3 at the end would get so abnormally warm regularly that I was killing my battery, just recharging it only to have the phone convert that energy to heat.. Note 5 is so much better in that respect.. Never nearly as warm

srinathp1988

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
I went to best buy to complain about this. They said they would replace the phone but she said it wont make any difference and Samsung phones always heat up.I said I had a note 3 and I never had any heating issues and she started saying note 5 is way thinner and thats why it heats up etc..But since I did not have the box with me, I could not get the replacement today

srinathp1988

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
95 F is the max temp i have seen so far..not sure if it is normal but i can feel the phone being hot in my hands and pockets..

Attachments

• 887.jpg
    887.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 85

linkiik121

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I haven't felt mine getting hot at all.

Mine gets warm all the time. Right by the power button. All depends what you do with the phone. If I just use the phone for emails, texts, calls and browse the web. Than no it doesn't get warm.

Posted via Note 5 64GB AT&T

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Mine rarely sees above 85°F. This thing stays crazy cool for me.

My Nexus 6 can get well over 95°F with the same workload, for comparison.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Ambient air temperature and being in a pocket, or semi or fully closed bag can influence the phone's temperature. Mine currently says 72F. It's ~ 71 inside the house, and ~ 44F outside. If I go outside later on before it warms up, I think the phone's temp will drop somewhat.

srinathp1988

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
So i went to best buy today to get my phone replaced because of this heating issue. They said they could only give me black colour as i am getting a replacement. Later he agreed to give me a gold version :) even this seems to be getting heated but i dont care much..i have a gold note 5 now :)

srinathp1988

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
95 not bad imo.

More than the number, i am feeling the heat and thats why i installed the battery monitor app in the 1st place. To put things into perspective, I installed the same app on my note 3 and it mostly is around 75 F and when i played games and tried to heat it up it went up to 85 86 F and note 3 feels cooler compared to note 5.May be it is because of the glass back but i did not expect such a high end smartphone to heat up like this..more so when I did not have any problems with my note 3

KelseyRo4

May 11, 2015
Visit site
Mine only gets slightly warm when charging but I don't use it when it's charging anyway. However, I used to have the s6 edge and the s6 and they got very hot. And the charging is what caused the s6 edges to break (screen stopped rotating). However, I'm still skeptical about fast charging so I usually charge my phone with my old iPhone charger anyway.

jimkar

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
My Note 5 occasionally gets hot when using the Gear VR for an extended period of time. Occasionally warm, never hot beyond that. I returned my Priv due to excessive heat, burned my fingers .

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
My current Note 5 rarely gets warm, right now 80*. Even when charging on factory or Anker higher speed chargers, it always remains cool and never overheats

The last S4 used to get to 96, 98*... and that felt abnormal.

Btw... I'm using 3 and 6 ft Anker cables, thicker gauge and higher quality than the thin Samsung cable that came with the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non