S-Pen - no sound or vibration

monkeycsk

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
I enabled both Sound and vibration when I insert or remove it from the phone. however, i am not getting neither.

another issue, the quick notes (press and hold the Pen button, tapping the screen twice to create a new note' is greyed out. when i do this, it takes a screenshot???

I have reset the S-Pen, but issues remain.

anyone has the same issue?

Last edited:

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
The sounds on mine are very subtle. When I remove it, the sound is a quiet 'whoosh'. When I insert the spen, it makes a quiet double click sound before the spen actually clicks to lock. I don't hear the sounds unless I'm listening for them. I just raised the sound level for 'system' & now I can hear them.

So you might try raising the system sounds level & see if that makes a difference. Also, in Samsung's Galaxy Store there is a Sansung made app called Pentastic. In that app you can change the spen cursor & sound. You might want to try that & see if customizing the sound helps.

Let us know... 😀

I haven't tried the Quick Note feature yet. I'll check mine.

Screenshot_20240228_123341_One UI Home.jpgScreenshot_20240228_122328_Galaxy Store.jpg

Last edited:

monkeycsk

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
The sounds on mine are very subtle. When I remove it, the sound is a quiet 'whoosh'. When I insert the spen, it makes a quiet double click sound before the spen actually clicks to lock. I don't hear the sounds unless I'm listening for them. I just raised the sound level for 'system' & now I can hear them.

So you might try raising the system sounds level & see if that makes a difference. Also, in Samsung's Galaxy Store there is a Sansung made app called Pentastic. In that app you can change the spen cursor & sound. You might want to try that & see if customizing the sound helps.

Let us know... 😀

I haven't tried the Quick Note feature yet. I'll check mine.

View attachment 360404
thanks for your reply. after playing with it for a while, i finally found a solution.

i go into Pentastic
1. i change he default sound to a custom sound because i do not hear anything with the default sound.
2. i then select 'create note' when double-tapping on the screen.

although when i now go back into S-Pen, the 'new note' is still greyed out for whatever reason.

Reactions: BerryBubbles

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
thanks for your reply. after playing with it for a while, i finally found a solution.

i go into Pentastic
1. i change he default sound to a custom sound because i do not hear anything with the default sound.

although when i now go back into S-Pen, the 'new note' is still greyed out for whatever reason.
I'm so glad you found a solution to the sound.

I haven't found any info on the Quick Note. My setting is not greyed out. I know you already reset your S Pen. I'm sure someone else may have an idea.
🤞

monkeycsk

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
I'm so glad you found a solution to the sound.

I haven't found any info on the Quick Note. My setting is not greyed out. I know you already reset your S Pen. I'm sure someone else may have an idea.
🤞

yea, it's weird the option is greyed out. good lock - Pentastic overrides that shortcoming. without Pentastic, double tapping on the screen takes a screenshot which is odd in itself.

Last edited:
Reactions: BerryBubbles

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site

i go into Pentastic

Disable "Double tap shortcut" in Pentastic.

5e2e32126388dad7fbf6b28071da974c.jpg

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000