Note 5 - Marshamallow when will we get it???

DX9

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Re: Marshamallow when will we get it???

Samsung makes some nice phones but with carriers always involved it's just crazy. I seem to always like to have the latest so I'll have a Nexus 6p in a couple days. I'll swap between it and my Note 5 from time to time. Love my Note but looking forward to trying out the Nexus.

Maye

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site

Are you wanting the update just for the sake of an update? Other than Doze mode there isn't anything earth shattering about 6.0 marshmallow. I've been running 6.0 on my N7 for months and there isn't that much of a difference than lollipop. Only 2 things I've noticed is doze mode and ability to set permissions for every app. The N5 on 5.1.1 still has more features than the Nexus 6P on 6.0 and runs just as fast.

Of course we would all love to have the latest updates asap but this time I'm in no hurry since the N5 is almost perfect on 5.1.1 IMO

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

Thats horrible these companies do such a bad job getting us the update that by the time we get it the newest phones are already out and makes a phone like the note line feel ancient. This might be my last note. I might seriously look at the nexus phone in 2016 and see what they bring. My friend has a nexus 6p and its absolutely a dream phone.

I was thinking this very thing myself this morning. Faster security and OS updates seem important to me and I get tired of looking and seeing that the last security update from ATT was Oct. 1 and we are now beginning the second week of December.

guacapoli

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
I think I read somewhere Note 5 users should have Marshmallow by end of 2015. But it also stated how it will depend on which carrier because like we all know they each take their sweet time and release it at different dates.

Posted via the Android Central App

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Since I downloaded update yesterday battery life is even greater then it was.. I just realized I unplugged at 5:30 am and right now I'm at 50 percent. Incredible.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I remember owning the note 4 and thinking when will i get 5.1.1 and it finally happened. But before it happened I was already on my note 5 which was such a shame. Now i see this article

http://phandroid.com/2015/12/08/mot...marshmallow-update-verizon-sprint-uscellular/

Samsung note 5 is great but why are we always last to get an update
At least we will get it. My 2015 moto e won't even get lollipop despite Motorola explicitly promising to keep it updated.

The Verizon Note 3 was also updated to lollipop months before the Verizon moto x 2013.

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Samsung is releasing it this month to the carriers. T-mobile and Sprint should have it out shortly after that. Verizon and AT&T about 2 months or more latter.

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site

Are you wanting the update just for the sake of an update? Other than Doze mode there isn't anything earth shattering about 6.0 marshmallow. I've been running 6.0 on my N7 for months and there isn't that much of a difference than lollipop. Only 2 things I've noticed is doze mode and ability to set permissions for every app. The N5 on 5.1.1 still has more features than the Nexus 6P on 6.0 and runs just as fast.

Of course we would all love to have the latest updates asap but this time I'm in no hurry since the N5 is almost perfect on 5.1.1 IMO

M brings the fingerprint reader API for apps.

This is kinda of a big deal. Maybe not yet that 0,1% of android users use M but it will be useful when developers bother to update their apps to take advantage of it.

Posted via my Galaxy Note 5

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site

M brings the fingerprint reader API for apps.

This is kinda of a big deal. Maybe not yet that 0,1% of android users use M but it will be useful when developers bother to update their apps to take advantage of it.

Posted via my Galaxy Note 5

Several of my apps already use the fingerprint reader...? (Bank of America, lastpass)

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Same thing every year.

There should be a when is the update coming sticky.

Just beneath that should be a problems with update sticky, followed by a how to roll back to the previous OS sticky.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Same thing every year.

Just beneath that should be a problems with update sticky, followed by a how to roll back to the previous OS sticky.

And unfortunately in some cases, a "I'm switching to another OS/phone..."

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Same thing every year.

Accurate. Marshmallow is a pretty boring update anyway. Only thing remotely interesting to me is doze.

syspry

Banned
Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
Marshmallow is the smoothest, best working version I've ever had. It was a great feeling having 6.0 on my phone the minute I took it out of the box and turned it on ☺
And I'm already getting 6.01! I love this!

DX9

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Yeah Doze is a very nice feature on my 6p. I went to bed at 11pm last night and battery was at 67%. Woke up at 6:15am and battery was still 67%. Looking forward to having Doze on my Note 5 as well

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa