How long will Samsung support the Note 5?

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
What makes you think that? It's a premium handset that's barely 4 months old.

based on the inexcusable lack of updates after less than 2 years for all the Note
phones I've owned in the last few years. (Note 2, Note 3, Note 4) Of course, if
I want continuous OTA update supports, I would have gone with iPhones. :)

armallard

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
Can the note 5 receive a text alert while being on a call I've missed messages when I'm on a call them when I get off the call and see that I have a message. I can hear the alert when not on a call so what setting needs to be set to hear the alert while on a call. I'm using verizon messages that came loaded on the phone. Help!

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
I don't see the Note 5 going beyond Marshmallow. :(

I would agree. For example the Note 3 was upgraded to Lollipop and the last update appears will be 5.1.1. The note 5 was released with 5.xx and normally Samsung's record reflects one major update (major update being going from 5 to 6 for example). Will it get Android 7? Not likely but anything is possible.

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
I would agree. For example the Note 3 was upgraded to Lollipop and the last update appears will be 5.1.1. The note 5 was released with 5.xx and normally Samsung's record reflects one major update (major update being going from 5 to 6 for example). Will it get Android 7? Not likely but anything is possible.

That, and the carriers also have to do work to test, update and roll out upgrades, and they can handle only so many at once

Posted via the Android Central App