My Note 5 sometimes continually reboots.

ghostedmoon

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
I've had my Note 5 for a month and I love it. I use it for my business and keep all my contacts on it, scribble reservation notes, everything.

I'm having a problem with it. Sometimes it goes into a continuous rebooting loop. It's doing it right now. I plugged it in to charge it, and it is cycling through a reboot over and over again without stopping. I keep hearing the Samsung music over and over.

It has done this while not charging as well, when I press the home button. I took it in to Verizon and the person helping me said that the update has been buggy. It happened to her once while working on it, but it just rebooted once and not continuously. She did a reset to factory specs, saving my info to the Verizon cloud, to see if that would help, but it's still doing it. They will replace it with a refurbished one, but I'd love to be able to fix this one and not have to get someone else's used Note 5. Does anyone have a clue as to what is going on?

Thank you!

dkunzman

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
For my note 5 I found that if I turn off all of the carrier settings that I could, and turned off most of the Samsung TouchWiz features, then turn them back on one at a time as I determined I need them, that my device turned into a very stable, very usable platform.
I also replace the TouchWiz launcher with Nova Prime launcher. My note 5 is doing awesome and I have had no serious issues since.