Looking for safe way to root note 5

jpwanabe

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
I have had a note 5 for a while at this point. I want to get some of the root apps that I hasn't been able to use. I have yet to find a place that I trust for root. Does any one have a link for me that is trustworthy? Sorry is this is short. Posting while out and about.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Android Central

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1. An app that runs without root won't run "better" if the phone is rooted. If the phone asks for root access on an unrooted phone and doesn't get it, it doesn't run. If it doesn't ask for root access, it'll never know that the phone is rooted.

2. Try Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note5 - most of the people who discover root exploits post them there first.

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
1. An app that runs without root won't run "better" if the phone is rooted. If the phone asks for root access on an unrooted phone and doesn't get it, it doesn't run. If it doesn't ask for root access, it'll never know that the phone is rooted.

2. Try Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note5 - most of the people who discover root exploits post them there first.

Hmmm, no disrespect intended but I'd have to disagree with this, "An app that runs without root won't run "better" if the phone is rooted."

There are apps, I guess I"ll use Greenify, that if it has root access, it will actually close apps, without having to ask to do it. It's been awhile since I was rooted, but I remember that greenify had the best results, if rooted. File managers are the same, in that with root, you can access some root files, that you normally wouldn't be able to with the same app, unrooted.

Perhaps I misunderstood you, and I apologize if I did...but "some" apps are designed to run more efficiently (better) if root access is achieved.

Thanks Sir, for allowing me to, probably misunderstand what you meant...lol!

Ratbert90

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't purposefully open a gigantic security hole in your phone, but that's just me. What apps do you actually need that require root? Why are they requiring root?

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Rooting is safe, if you load only known apps, that are well reviewed, and from reputable companies, to which already have a great selling app. I've jailbroken and rooted every phone I had since 2007 when the iPhone came in....I've never had any security issues or worries. And I've never bricked one, any of the numerous different phones I've had.

I would agree, that unless you fully educate yourself on how it works, and what it does, then stay away from it. Knowing, is half the battle :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87