Why can I not get past the setup using my original email after a hard reset? :(

bbray91

Jan 4, 2016
Visit site
So I have done a hard reset, and complete google reset of all passwords, etc. Well, I'm making it to the part in the setup where it is asking me to enter the previous email account and I have 2, neither one are working. Did I "brick" my phone on accident or is this some sort of security clearance. I am entering the right information, because if I enter anything wrong it lets me know. However, when I enter the right information, it just brings me right back to where I started.

I'm going through a break up and I was just making sure my account was secure and all pictures/ messages / phone numbers etc. were clear from my phone :(

I have read about the 72hr relay, so can anyone give me some more detailed information on that? Will I be able to log in with my current pw or old pw? I'm really stressing because this is a brand new phone bought cash.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
If you use Google 2 step verification, then try to disable that to see if it makes a difference

bbray91

Jan 4, 2016
Visit site
The problem is I cant get past this screen. When I enter either one of my google accounts I used previously, it just resets right back to that screen. :( get.png