Note 5 , Verizon : Advanced Calling

Laserbutt

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
My wife and I both have Note 5 devices, we both have advanced calling enabled on our account and on our phone. However only her Note shows the option to video call... what gives?? We can video chat but only if she video calls me

What's going on? Anybody have a potential solution?

Posted via the Android Central App

Miami1683

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
My wife and I both have Note 5 devices, we both have advanced calling enabled on our account and on our phone. However only her Note shows the option to video call... what gives?? We can video chat but only if she video calls me

What's going on? Anybody have a potential solution?

Call customer service and be sure your line has video calling enabled. My line didn't and I had the same issue

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Go into the settings for advanced calling. You have options, i have advanced call turned on but video turned off since i never use it, so when i am on a call the video option doesn't show up.

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!

k2ldc10

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Is there any benefit to using advanced calling? If I don't plan to use video calling why should I want to turn this on?

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
Is there any benefit to using advanced calling? If I don't plan to use video calling why should I want to turn this on?

I activated it on my Moto X Pure a few months ago and it completely screwed up Google Voice my my wife and I. It was a pain, but I reversed the process and deactivated it. The benefits weren't worth losing Voice, for me at least.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site

If I'm not mistaken, without advanced calling being enabled you can't use the Internet and talk on the phone simultaneously.

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
If I'm not mistaken, without advanced calling being enabled you can't use the Internet and talk on the phone simultaneously.

This is correct!

In my conversations with the systems engineer from VZ here in Denver, VZ is working very hard to make Volte/HD Calling work better on their network with the phones that are coming out.

There have been a lot of issues with Volte and RF/reception. According to the engineer, Volte currently is being used by only 4% of VZ's customer base. Mainly due to it being on newer phones only and others who have had the difficulty with Volte and reception.

I for one had to disable Volte while VZ was trouble shooting the nearby tower and now that the 'problem' is mostly corrected, I've enabled Volte once again.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site

With HD voice calls sound much cleaner, there is little to no distortion, as long as both phones have the feature.

Basically improved call quality, but some markets don't have the best tower coverage and could lead to more dropped calls.

cane929

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
We have a Verizon home network extender and my Note 5 wouldn't connect to it until i disabled the advanced calling feature, just in case someone is having the same issue.

novice

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
Advanced call is incompatible with Verizon caller ID. I chose to opt for the ID over the ability to access the Internet during calls.

Shouldn't have to make this choice.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87