Weird file keeps appearing in my storage (Note 5)

Chris615

Feb 9, 2016
Visit site
There is this odd file that reappears in my storage under downloads even after I delete it. It is called s76fg978fds6g3. The icon for it is like a blank piece of paper and when I try to open it it says "unable to find application to perform this action." I have deleted it 3 times and it keeps coming back. Not much of a phone expert and searching up the file name on Google hasn't helped either. Just need some more information.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It might be a log file or a system file created by the browser or an app that downloads stuff there. Those would be hard to find the name for since they're more likely randomly generated and associated with each device ID.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Use a file explorer to see the properties or details, make sure it isn't just a link to another file.
It could be a stuck download. Go to app manager, find download manager and clear data.

Jay_007

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
There is this odd file that reappears in my storage under downloads even after I delete it. It is called s76fg978fds6g3. The icon for it is like a blank piece of paper and when I try to open it it says "unable to find application to perform this action." I have deleted it 3 times and it keeps coming back. Not much of a phone expert and searching up the file name on Google hasn't helped either. Just need some more information.

Snapchat creates these files, nothing to worry about. You can delete them but you'll notice when you startup snapchat they'll just redownload. Why they download? I don't really know, you'll have to contact the developers and hopefully they'll give you an answer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non