Note 5 Users - Are you Tempted by the S7/S7 Edge?

sandy river

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
Big ole battery? 3000mah just like the note 5.

Better camera? How do you figure? Same specs and features other than the note 5 has a 16mp and edge 7 has a 12, but the focal and aperture are the same.

Smaller screen too. Only advantage I see is waterproofing, but thats no different than what my redpepper case does.

Is it comfortable to use redpepper case for daily use even i'm not in the water?

srinathp1988

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
When they announced the battery as 3600 mah for s7 edge i thought if i could have waited for it..now the reviews show that note 5 battery back up is way better than s7 and s7 edge :)

Posted via the Android Central App

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
When they announced the battery as 3600 mah for s7 edge i thought if i could have waited for it..now the reviews show that note 5 battery back up is way better than s7 and s7 edge :)

Definitely not. S7 edge kills my note 5 in battery life.

beenzy

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Definitely tempted. If I wasn't completely satisfied with the Note 5, I'd jump on the S7 in a heartbeat. I waiting for the Note 6, and hoping that all the S7 improvements move to Note 6. Water resistance, memory expansion slot, always on display - can't wait.

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Guys I am very tempted by the new phones. I can't decide if I should upgrade to them from the note 5 or stay put for the note 6. What about you guys anyone else tempted?

I tried the S7 edge out for 2 days and returned it i just like the note 5 better. In my opinion the camera 🎥 is no big deal and you know the next note will have a similar model. I love my note 5 and the pen so

alejovh1

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
I tried the S7 edge out for 2 days and returned it i just like the note 5 better. In my opinion the camera 🎥 is no big deal and you know the next note will have a similar model. I love my note 5 and the pen so

Same here, on my second day with the s7 edge and going to return it and get the note 5 back. It's a really nice phone but the note 5 is far superior in my opinion.

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Not at all, seems like they went backwards a little to me. Other than the sd card being added back and just slightly faster but hardly noticeable. I'll wait for the Note 6 in August.

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Not at all, seems like they went backwards a little to me. Other than the sd card being added back and just slightly faster but hardly noticeable. I'll wait for the Note 6 in August.

I agree as I will be waiting for the Note 6 to come out. My Note 5 has amazing battery life and I'm sure the Note 6 will be even better. I have owned the Note 3 and 4 and every year the battery life gets better. The Note series is always better then the Galaxy series.

Posted Via The AT&T Note 5

vampyren

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Totally agree, Note series are very nice. Although Note 5 was a miss thanks to removable of many major features.
And worst yet it was not even released in EU. Hopefully Note 6 will change all that. I would love to buy a Note 6 with SD + 64GB internal memory (and removable battery is bonus if its there).

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Currently had the S7 for almost a week. So far so good. Battery life is slightly better on this phone but I will say the S7 overall is faster and snappier than the Note 5. The S7 is a great phone but taking getting used to because the frame of this phone is so small. Luckily my Defender case helps make it fit my hand better. I loved my note 5 and miss it but I simply wanted a smaller phone. It would be nice if they also made a Note model the same size as the Standard Galaxy.

The camera on the S7 seems slightly better than the Note as well especially in low light conditions.

I looked at the S7 edge but didn't care for it much. It's still pretty long phone just like the Note but narrow. I couldn't justify spending $100 more for the Edge. If I wanted that big of a screen I would have just stuck with my Note. Also the Edge you can't really find cases that totally protect the phones curved display which means easier to break on a fall.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
So you have a Note 5 and people are getting the s7? Why? You are going to get the Note 6 and it's 32 gigs of RAM also

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
So you have a Note 5 and people are getting the s7? Why? You are going to get the Note 6 and it's 32 gigs of RAM also

I traded the Note 5 in. Was going to see if my dad wanted it but he didn't because it doesn't fit in his shirt pocket well. He has an S5 lol. Crazy. No I probably wont get the Note 6 unless it totally knocks it out of the park with a feature because the S7 does what I need minus the Spen and also has a SD card slot. I hardly ever used the Spen. I've had the S2, S3,S4,S5,S6 and now S7. I briefly had the Note 4 but thought it was too bulky and returned it at the 30 day mark when the Note 5 came out. I would have just stuck with the S6 until the S7 came out but the S6 had TERRIBLE battery life I couldn't stand that and that's why I went to the Note series. The S7 has a lot better battery life than the s6. The only way I'll probably get the next note is if they put the IR blaster on it. If battery life is a concern then I would say the S7 Edge would be an upgrade over the Note 5 if you're not an Spen user. Bigger batter, SD card slot and slightly faster. The battery on the S7 is fine for me. I just hate the curved edge on the screen and I'm not a super power user so I don't need the huge battery.

Oscar Maradiaga

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Enough sais the Note 5 is still a better device then the S7 and S7 Edge I'm not just saying that cause I own Note 5. But my wife has the S7 and it feels like a smaller version of the note 5. The only difference is the micro sd card and the Marshmallow software. I don't think the new 12 Mega pixel camera is better then the Notes. I do think the battery is a huge upgrade then the S6. The S7 has stayed on as long as my Note 5 battery and shown it stays on par with my Note 5. I'll be patiently waiting for the Note 6. The Note line has always been 1st to show the galaxy more capable then the regular galaxy line. But its also preference I cant go back to a smaller phone. I wouldnt be surprised to see a note closer to 6 inches.

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
As per phonearena note 5 lasts 9 hours and s7 edge only 7

I don't know what Phone Arena was doing for this test, but in reality life use, the order is iPhone 6S Plus, S7 Edge, then Note 5. If you're on your phone literally all day long that changes to S7 Edge, then Note 5, then iPhone 6S Plus. This is because the iPhone's standby time is insanely good. Even when connected to an Apple Watch or Android Wear, it barely uses a % an hour on standby.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Enough sais the Note 5 is still a better device then the S7 and S7 Edge I'm not just saying that cause I own Note 5. But my wife has the S7 and it feels like a smaller version of the note 5. The only difference is the micro sd card and the Marshmallow software. I don't think the new 12 Mega pixel camera is better then the Notes. I do think the battery is a huge upgrade then the S6. The S7 has stayed on as long as my Note 5 battery and shown it stays on par with my Note 5. I'll be patiently waiting for the Note 6. The Note line has always been 1st to show the galaxy more capable then the regular galaxy line. But its also preference I cant go back to a smaller phone. I wouldnt be surprised to see a note closer to 6 inches.

6 inch screen would be too big unless they make the chassis of the phone smaller like they did with the S7 and S7edge. I wouldn't even consider buying it then.

Note 5 is a great phone though, but the S7 I got does seem a bit faster and the camera is slightly better in low light. Also calls sound more clear on it compared to my Note5.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenw0419