Samsung Pay info GONE

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
i just restarted my phone
when it powered on, i noticed the samsung pay logo in notification bar. i swipe down thinking its an update but its not. I go to the app and open from there and its acting like a brand new setup. it wouldn't even recognize my fingerprint. i had to type in a pin. Once in i noticed all my CC info is gone. i have no cards saved.. should i be worried?

jeremyds45

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Happened to me a few weeks ago too, hasn't happened since though, I just checked my app.

And for those that don't know, if you have to reset or change your Samsung account password, all your cards will be deleted from Samsung Pay and you will have to add and go through the verification processes to put them back. (US Bank sucks in this regard as you have to call and answer a ton of personal questions... Bank of America was much easier with text verification and code)

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Although I do not use Samsung Pay (Android Pay supports our card), I see a few updates pending in the Galaxy App store (SamsungPay US, and PayFrw US VZW). A few weeks ago I set Galaxy App store updates to manual. I would hope that an app update would not reset the card info.

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Happened to me a few weeks ago too, hasn't happened since though, I just checked my app.

And for those that don't know, if you have to reset or change your Samsung account password, all your cards will be deleted from Samsung Pay and you will have to add and go through the verification processes to put them back. (US Bank sucks in this regard as you have to call and answer a ton of personal questions... Bank of America was much easier with text verification and code)
Good to know. But no password changes here. All i did was shut off my phone and turn it on again. Which i do every few days.

Alan FL

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
It's wiped my info/card 3 or 4 times now, and I've had to reinstall each time.
Really getting tired of this quirky app. May just start using my card like I used to if it happens again.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Android Pay is working well for me, no issues so far. May be an option instead of Samsung Pay.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87