KNOX warranty Void 00*01

Insurgent-Naqi

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
Hello all, As soon as I unboxed my Note 5, Then i got a problem of Custom Binary Blocked by Frp Lock.
Then I installed a fresh new official Software from Samsung Smart switch and my Knox warranty void was 00*01.
My question is , though my phone is not rooted, Will I be able get the Marshmallow Update whenever it comes?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
That seems really strange. Was it like that right after the initial power on? You may want to talk to Samsung to see what they may say about it.

jeremyds45

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Hello all, As soon as I unboxed my Note 5, Then i got a problem of Custom Binary Blocked by Frp Lock.
Then I installed a fresh new official Software from Samsung Smart switch and my Knox warranty void was 00*01.
My question is , though my phone is not rooted, Will I be able get the Marshmallow Update whenever it comes?

I would question your note 5 being brand new...

Insurgent-Naqi

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
Well Basically, here is what happened. I turned on the device, sign in to google and setup all. As my phone came all the way from canada. I am from Pakistan. My uncle bought me. SM-920w9. The phone asked for Network Unlock Pin. I inserted random number 4-5 times. Then I powered off the device and went to sleep.
The next Morning I woke Up, My device got stuck every time when i Switched on the power button. It was at the logo and on the upper Middle cornor It said "Custom Binary blocked by frp lock" . I was hopeless and Pissed. I was destroyed. But then I install the official Samsung Smart Switch to Install The Emergency Software Recovery. It took 3 hours and it worked fine and my fone Started. But my fone is still locked from bell canada (and i will get it unlocked soon) and the KNOX warranty was 00*01.
I don't care about the warranty, but as my phone is not rooted, Will i be able to get Marshmallow Update whenever it comes?

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
You will be able to get any future updates no matter what. As long as you don't care about the warranty, you are good. Enjoy the phone.