Has anyone recently experienced their apps suddenly closing themselves with their Galaxy Note 5?

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm running Lollipop 5.1.1 on AT&T and using Nova Launcher 4.3 Beta (April 1). All of a sudden, I will be using an app and it will suddenly close itself with no apparent reason. This happens randomly about once an hour. Is this happening to anyone else?

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Try going back to your default launcher, and see if it still occurs.

Funny thing... I think this started happening when I disabled the Samsung Launcher (using Package Disabler Pro). I actually disabled 3 apps related to the default launcher:

1. Launcher (com.sec.android.emergencylauncher)
  2. TouchWiz easy home (com.sec.android.app.easylauncher)
  3. TouchWiz home (com.sec.android.app.launcher)

Is there any benefit to disabling TouchWiz if I'm running Nova? :confused:

radiohawk

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Not sure it will help as im on Sprint but with the stock touch wiz on 5.1.1 this happened to me as well. Now on 6.01 and that issue stopped although mm has it's own set of issues.

Posted via the Android Central App

Brad Bilger

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I would not disable anything to do with touchwiz. This could be why you're having the issue.

I'm running Nova. All I did was to set Nova as default. Didn't do anything to touchwiz. Everything runs great on mine.

Posted via the Android Central App

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Thanks fellas! I've re-enabled TouchWiz, cleared my cache and restarted my device. Let's see if that does the trick! 👍

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Oh well... Back to the drawing board!! :'( I just had a few apps close on me. Any other thoughts or suggestions?

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Booting into Safe Mode may help to narrow down if a recently installed or updated Play Store app is part of the problem, or from TouchWiz.
https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-23216

If the problem persists, or as a separate test when not in Safe Mode; you could try to undo any changes made with Package Disabler Pro so that the OS is back to its default state. Maybe an underlying non-descriptive TouchWiz or Android OS package/process is disabled that needs to be enabled?