Any news on MM note 5 AT&T?? (Update: Out Now!)

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: Any news on MM note 5 AT&T??

Fingers crossed, did this on my laptop this time, and I did not rename the file left it as is. And it is at 55% on verifying update package, fingers crossed thanks Gary. !!

Attachments

• 1466521741814.jpg
    1466521741814.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 71

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

85% unpacking new files

Completed....restoring from google account backup....so far, so good!

Posted via the Android Central App

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

Now let's see if everything flows smoothly!

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 572.jpg
    572.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 135

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

If everything is done properly, it makes no difference what the filename is.

However, some people get in trouble adding a .zip extension--either because they don't understand the subtleties of how extensions can be parsed differently by the command line vs. by Windows Explorer, or else because there's a conflict with third-party zip utilities installed on their PC.

Therefore, the safest thing to do is to leave the filename as is. Or if you do rename it, make it something easy to type and don't add any extension.

Also, some 3rd-party anti-malware software may need to be suspended (built-in Windows Defender is ok). Be sure you run adb from an administrator-level command-line. I think that covers the more common problems people have encountered.

I think I have winzip on my laptop. Do I need to uninstall that before I try again? I also have Norton. Do I have to get rid of that as well?

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

No need to uninstall winzip. Wouldn't hurt to disable Norton while the process is being run. Just don't change the file name at all, leave it without the extension. Be sure to use the adb files provided on the first page of this thread:....then navigate to your adb folder, which should be in C:\adb....make sure the update file is in that folder...then right click while holding shift key, and run command prompt from there, when cued to do so. Be sure that the first thing you do, after youve booted to recovery and chose adb sideload, is to run the command: "adb devices" and make sure it finds your device.

Good Luck!

Last edited:

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

UPDATE: All is super smooth, no hiccups so far. Much snappier than before, just an all around good feel!!

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

No need to uninstall winzip. Wouldn't hurt to disable Norton while the process is being run. Just don't change the file name at all, leave it without the extension. Be sure to use the adb files provided on the first page of this thread:....then navigate to your adb folder, which should be in C:\adb....make sure the update file is in that folder...then right click while holding shift key, and run command prompt from there, when cued to do so. Be sure that the first thing you do, after youve booted to recovery and chose adb sideload, is to run the command: "adb devices" and make sure it finds your device.

Good Luck!

Thanks. I don't know why I'm willing to torture myself for this mess again. Lol

bmetelsky

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site

Did you rename the file to .zip, or did you just go with the file, as downloaded?
As downloaded without changing or adding any extension.

Earlier, I had added the .zip extension, per the posted instructions on the xda site and it didn't work.

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

As downloaded without changing or adding any extension.

Earlier, I had added the .zip extension, per the posted instructions on the xda site and it didn't work.

Yup...did it without extension, worked like a charm! :-D

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

I'm at 35% of verifying the package. I said so many curse words when this mess finally worked. Thanks to everyone for their help, but I won't be doing this again. Too stressful. Lmao

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site

I'm betting we won't get it until just before Samsung showcases the Note 7 on rumored date August 2nd. Reading instructions is one thing, but having a step by step tutorial video is better for those who are a visual learner. I Don't want to hear people saying "It's easy to read the instructions". For You it is, but with me, I Have to see something done in person or in a video because not all written instructions give precise details. Some things get left out.

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

I'm betting we won't get it until just before Samsung showcases the Note 7 on rumored date August 2nd. Reading instructions is one thing, but having a step by step tutorial video is better for those who are a visual learner. I Don't want to hear people saying "It's easy to read the instructions". For You it is, but with me, I Have to see something done in person or in a video because not all written instructions give precise details. Some things get left out.

I can certainly understand that.

I'm not very good at making a tutorial video, well, I've never made one. But. Today I'm feeling lucky :)

I'll try to put something together today, if you promise not to laugh at its elementary construction lol.

For now, I must get my beauty sleep! Night!

Chris

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
accessibilitys86