New Verizon N5 update today! (May 10th)

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
**the Note 5 update includes:

-This software update brings the latest Android™ security patches,
-a fix to false "No SIM card detected" error messages and improves audio routing for incoming video and voice calls.
-New SIM card detection software fixes false "No SIM card detected" pop-up notifications.
-You can now answer video calls as just a voice call, and when you do, call audio is routed to the earpiece by default.
-Video call audio will come from the speaker by default.

I am very shocked with how fast Verizon is pushing out these security patches/updates for the N5. Good job for Big Red, they are usually super slow with any updates for their phones but they have been getting better over the years. I wish we would get some battery saving or performance improvements in these updates instead of multiple SIM card fixes, which I have never had a problem with lol. But, I definitely don't mind the security patches 😎 it's better than nothing.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
just downloaded and installed, It took about 21 minutes to download and install including optimizing the apps on my phone.SmartSelectImage_2016-05-10-10-10-20.jpg Seems to be working.

Technified

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I just downloaded the update. No issues so far. I had gotten the "no Sim card detected" on Sunday. It was the first time that it happened.

Posted via my Galaxy Note 5

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
My daughter gets that no SIM card message several times a day. I bet this update was released so fast because they were replacing phone after phone for the no SIM card error.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
No prompts yet to download. Will watch today and see if I get a system update notification automatically.

Is there any new bloatware installed or activated with this update?

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
No prompts yet to download. Will watch today and see if I get a system update notification automatically.

Is there any new bloatware installed or activated with this update?

No and don't wait for it to come to you with a notification... Just go to settings > system updates 😉 get the security patches instantly if they are available

Posted via the Android Central App

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
From what I could tell, the update from Verizon for the Note 5 installed well. I did a clean wipe partition before AND after the update got loaded.

pteezay

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Well daughter updated and got the sim card error already, so update didn't fix that issue

Have you tried popping the sim card out yet? I used to get that message until I used a paper clip to pop the sim card out, wiped it off and repeated process two more times and I no longer get the error message. Sometimes the sim card can shift from usage and re-seating it seems to help. Give that a shot. It can't hurt.

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Hmmmm at&t also, 5.1.1 also, but security patch 2016-02-01 on mine

Mines showing this. It's the at&t model, I unlocked it back in March and checked about a week or so ago with my at&t sim and it didn't show any updates available.
b8f165db65f1effe426c133d664663be.jpg

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
No and don't wait for it to come to you with a notification... Just go to settings > system updates ?????? get the security patches instantly if they are available

I forgot about the update, and overnight the notification appeared. Updating now. There appear to be some on the S7/S7e that are having problems with fingerprint scanner after the update. Hope that does not happen with the Note 5.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch