Loss of Sound !!

JeBe4

Banned
Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Hello, I have a T-Mobile 64gb Black Sapphire Note 5 which is randomly loosing sound. Examples:

Sound from the speaker just doesn't emit, missing notifications, alarms, etc. In this stage, I can make a call and hear sound through the earpeice (albeit I haven't tried connecting a call to see if I can be heard). A restart is required, which often will freeze at the T-Mobile logo screen o_0 - thus forcing a restart holding down the power+volume down.

I also have tried toggling the sound on and off, which brought back sound a time or two without a full restart, making a call and disconnecting the call would bring back sound from speaker. I tried disabling all sound (keyboard press, vibrate, dialer, etc I believe its 8 input sound notifications)

I can confirm there is no water damage , as sound returns. From my Google searches it seems to be a known issue, some suggested its related to bluetooth, or dust in headphone jack etc. but resetting the device thus software related seems plausible.
Im creating this thread in an attempt to isolate and identify why this does this and why a restart brings back audio o_0!!

I just restarted and still no keyboard sound when I tap it, slight audio haptics, but no audible sound from speaker 0_0 so annoying an it goes out randomly so I dont even know what is causing it. Any suggestions would be nice, and yes I reset the device prior to using, and I never restore always set up as new, and I disabled the apps I could. My ignorant guess is something software is going on because a restart brings back the sound -_-

Regards

Dr. Je

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87