Sound Problem with Note 5 after Nougat

RichCMUK

Mar 31, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the tip.

What type of reset did you do?
Was it a hard reset from the recovery screen or a soft reset (factory reset) from the settings?

I use this S pen sound to check if the error has occurred, but I'm interested to hear that you may have found a solution. Please keep us informed.

havinhphu188

May 1, 2017
Visit site
Neither of it. Just a normal restart (hold the screen off 3 second), not reset. I found out that the audio of s pen is the cause of the problem accidentially, when I havent used s pen for a couple day, and there is no err. Also, there is a new patch update recently, keep me informed if it helps

RichCMUK

Mar 31, 2017
Visit site
I have finally found a solution to my random sound problem, thanks to havinhphu188, thank you for the tip.

I turned off the S pen docking sound and the vibration for good measure. It has now been 2 days without a recurrence of the problem.

Thank you to everyone for your suggestions.

Nicole Gonser

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
How do you turn off the S pen sound? I can't find it.

Thanks!

Hi everyone, I have a solution that needs you guy to help me test it, to make sure it work. My tip is
Step 1. turn off the sound of s-pen (the sound that plays when you draw the s-pen or put it back).
Step 2. Restart your phone
It has been a week since my last reset. I think at least it will help to extend the non-error period. Please let me know if it works or not at havinhphu188@gmail.com, for gathering data purpose

havinhphu188

May 1, 2017
Visit site
Hi, RichCMUK. You can keep the vibration, it is the sound that causes the problem. It has been two weeks for me now (my last restart is 27/5). Now I pretty sure this tip has solved the problem that we are frustrated with. Congratulation to you. And congratulation to all of us.

JeBe4

Banned
Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
I live in Thailand, my Note 5 received nougat on Friday 24th, since then I have had major sounds problems. Most notification sounds, s pen, undock, alarm and ringtones and others disappear. This happens daily. A restart fixes the issue.
2 Factory resets, cleared cache , 2 resets at the Samsung customer service centre, but it happened again.
I even replaced my S Pen, which has been sticking a little, this didn.t fix it.

Has anyone else had this issue?

My model number is N920c and I downloaded the official Samsung Nougat version.

I had this issue on marshmallow and nougat. I replaced months ago and the issue resurfaced with this latest update (t-mobile) - YouTube, voice recordings, gallery, sound, etc. Gives error message - restart - works fine - Samsung is so trash

Luca Porto

Jul 23, 2017
Visit site
I ?d tried a new fresh installation of nugat , the first think is turned off the S pen docking sound and the vibration . But afrer one hour iìI hat the usual iusse of saund notification lost . than this sistem do not works on my 920CD

LafMoor

Jul 31, 2017
Visit site
This worked for me, from RichCMUK post 2 mos ago:
Go to Settings,
Advanced Features,
S pen
- TURN OFF FEEDBACK - s pen sound and s pen vibration.
Hope this helps.

LafMoor

Jul 31, 2017
Visit site
Hi found a solution - thanks to RichCMUK post a few mos ago.
Go to Settings,
Advanced features,
S pen,
TURN OFF - S PEN FEEDBACK - S pen sound and S pen vibration.
Hope this helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty