blocking a phone no. issue now with Nougat

BuckyBadg

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Since I downloaded Nougat, and need to block a spam call, I no longer have the two-pronged blocking ability. Formerly, I was able to block the number from calling-in, as well as the ability for them to leave a (spam) voicemail. Now, with Nougat, I've lost the ability to block the voicemail. It always seems like we have to take at least one step backward with an update :p.

Anyone notice the same problem, and is there any way to get around this?

pduffer

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Now you have to go to settings in your phone app, select block numbers, and then manually enter the number. Don't know why they felt the need to make a simple (and increasingly needed) process so difficult.

BuckyBadg

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Hmm, I don't have the same screen appearing. I just have the "block the number" choice, but a blocked no. can still leave me a spam voicemail :(.

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
Yeah the post getting all excited above about not leaving messages, that's text messages not voicemail, it doesn't stop them from leaving voicemail, unfortunately.

BuckyBadg

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Yeah the post getting all excited above about not leaving messages, that's text messages not voicemail, it doesn't stop them from leaving voicemail, unfortunately.

On MM, we could block voicemails, but not the case with Nougat. Gotta love those updates that lead to the dumbing-down of what we previously had.

Last edited:

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
On MM, we could block voicemails, but not the case with Nougat. Gotta love those updates that lead to the dumbing-down of what we previously had.

Same issue for me. Don't think we should have to download an app for so simple a service that was previously available. (I'm on VZW.)

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
I just saw on the news a company has come out with "Straight to Voicemail" where the phone doesn't ring and scammers can just leave the spam. I don't want voicemail as it is I hope they offer a way to turn it off if the FCC allows this.