Unable to block calls. Galaxy Note 10+

JonQJacobs

Jan 21, 2018
Visit site
I used to be able to block calls, such as people wanting to buy my house and put me out on the street. I was with ATT wireless. Then they started requiring me to get the ATT app: Active Armor. NO! I should be able to block unwanted calls without buying an app. That should be part of the phone's ability. I changed wireless providers to get rid of that nuisance. However, when I tap the block call icon, up pops the ATT get Active Armor, even though I am no longer under ATT.
What do I need to do so the block call icon, which appears after I or the caller disconnects. Often it is the robo-caller that disconnects when I reply "who's calling?" instead of the expected "Hello." Is there some setting I need?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If the phone is carrier-branded chances are your OS has been modified to the carrier's needs. Not sure how it works on ATT versions or if there's a way to bypass that pop up by default, but you could try to use a different Phone app. (Or if getting a new, unlocked phone is not possible and you're tech-savvy, you may want to look into flashing a carrier-free ROM for your phone).

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
You mean new sim card ? No
I mean flashing to unlock firmware which is slightly different from carrier firmware unlock
Yes, flashing unlocked firmware allows use of features that carriers disable, like call & text on other devices and Find My Mobile. That's just two examples but there are more depending on the carriers.

Reactions: mustang7757