Still good as new?

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Everything works very well... though the battery under heavy use needs to be recharged from 40% about two to three times a day. Thank goodness for quick charging.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Nearly a year old.

Won't fast charge
Battery runs out faster than it used to
Screen delaminating from top left corner
Had a few black screen of death moments

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I have one, looks like a brand new phone, than again I only occasionally use it. It was my main phone for 6 months, than became a back up to my S7. I wanted something smaller for daily use.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I haven't. I was able to easily resist the urge to insert the SPen backwards in the device.
Funny thing when I heard that, I literally thought they just meant with Samsung logo under instead of on top. I didnt realize people were actually inserting it end first, holding the tip....

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Funny thing when I heard that, I literally thought they just meant with Samsung logo under instead of on top. I didnt realize people were actually inserting it end first, holding the tip....

To me it seemed so ridiculous. The motion of putting it in like that was unnatural to me. Similar to replacing a pen cap, you have the though process of 'I am putting the pen away' and that doesn't mean put the pen tip side toward you.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
To me it seemed so ridiculous. The motion of putting it in like that was unnatural to me. Similar to replacing a pen cap, you have the though process of 'I am putting the pen away' and that doesn't mean put the pen tip side toward you.
There are too many idiots in the world. I guess that's why the world is what it is right now, we have a lot of possible mass extinction scenarios developing.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
My Note 5 is still working great and will be two years old in December.

I did have to root the phone and use a debloated ROM so that I could actually use the phone and not have the battery drain in 8 hrs even with no usage at all.

I have more or less been using it as my daily phone and leaving my S8+ at home which I have never taken out of the house yet in the two months I have owned it.

I'll keep using it for another year. I don't think I'll be buying the Note 8 since I have the S8+.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty