Sprint Note Return Thread 2.0

mmsean

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Sprint user perplexed

Yeah my problem is that I'd pay $400-$500 bucks for a phone to use until the Note 8 or whatever comes out. Seems like a lot of money for a 1 year or less phone.

I paid $350.00 for my Note 7 with 2 year contract...

james702283

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site

Yeah my problem is that I'd pay $400-$500 bucks for a phone to use until the Note 8 or whatever comes out. Seems like a lot of money for a 1 year or less phone.

I paid $350.00 for my Note 7 with 2 year contract...

I paid $350 also, after a $50 mail in rebate. Which I already have, and technically will get a refund on so will have a free $50 rebate card. They charge you $400 plus tax, which for me was roughly $460. To me paying $75 ($25 if you count the rebate card) more to not be under contract was the best solution. I don't have another device to use and don't want to be locked down for a device I didn't want in the first place.

mmsean

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site

I paid $350 also, after a $50 mail in rebate. Which I already have, and technically will get a refund on. They charge you $400 plus tax, which for me was roughly $460. To me paying $75 more to not be under contract was the best solution. I don't have another device to use and don't want to be locked down for a device I didn't want in the first place.

Yeah what sucks is that by the time the Note 8 comes out, we would have paid $400.00 twice.

james702283

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site

Yeah what sucks is that by the time the Note 8 comes out, we would have paid $400.00 twice.

I was probably going to uprgrade to the 8 regardless if I kept the Note 7, so it actually saves me money because I would of had to pay full retail because I would still be tied to the Note 7 contract. This way is going to save me money.

eddy4444

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
So I talked to Sprint- and exchanging your note 7 does reset your 24 month contract. This mostly sucks because it blocks me from upgrading to the note 9 without waiting when it comes out. (assuming they stick to the September release cycle).

What I really want is to use another non-flammable phone that I own for the next 5 months, and then upgrade to the S8 in March 17. The tricky part is that i would like to upgrade to the note 9 in September 2018 (2 years from when I got my note 7, not when I exchanged for the S8).

Has anyone asked about that option from Sprint? I think it's very fair request from both ends, but knowing Sprint I think there is a ton of red tape that would make it very difficult on their end to honor.

Cotano

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site

I still have my note 4. Almost sold it for 100 but something stopped me from making the deal. Did not make sense at all to me. The note 7 was 100% better minus the removable battery.

Must have seen this coming. Not sure if I'll wait for the note 8. At this point any samsung phone will be watched like a hawk for any fire problems. Betting the s8 is no exception. At the very least this might spell the end of the note series.

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site

Well here I am, having to return the Note 7 and honestly I have no clue what to do. I had an absolutely mint Note 4 that was awesome but skipped the Note 5 and wanted the Note 7 badly. Sold the Note 4 to my aging mother-in-law for $200.00 and now I have no backup. I always buy my phones on the 2 year agreements as we don't plan on switching carriers and we're on an unlimited plan. I can swap my phone for a S7E which is okay but NOT a Note 7 but then I'm stuck with having to use my upgrade. Or I can activate my MIL's old Samsung S4 and use that until the new Note 8 comes out a year from now. I'm absolutely torn on what to do.

I have looked for Note 4's because I need a SD card but mint ones are going for well over $200.00. Considered a Note 5 but, alas, there was a reason why I didn't buy one last year, no SD card.

I noticed that there aren't a lot of Sprint phones for sale on the boards nor Sprint users here. I am curious what other's are going to do since Sprint is somewhat limited on what phones you can get.

Once I pay my phones off, I never trade them in or sell them. Right now I have 8 phones in my closet. If I can't figure something out in the next 4 days, I will have to reactivate my Note 4/Edge.

jmnesq

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Just called Sprint again . . . apparently 1) I CAN take my on-contract upgrade phone to a Sprint store to drop it off and 2) I WILL receive my upgrade BACK so that I can use it at my convenience when something else comes out.

Now, I guess I will look into either the S7 Edge or a Note 5 on eBay or Swappa...and then in a few months, look into potentially the S8 or S8+ if such a thing exists.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
So I have returned both my N7s 1st by special box tracked and delivered on the 11th and second in corporate store on the 10th and still my account shows the N7 as in my possession and unable to upgrade at this time!
Any body else in delay with this process ????

just got a email my Samsung promotion shipped delivery on the 18th memory card, now if sprint could only get it together.

WingLT

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
How were people getting the Note 7 for $350+ when it's a lot more money. As for the 2 year contract, I thought they got rid of that and in it's place is the payment plan for the phone...

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Just called Sprint again . . . apparently 1) I CAN take my on-contract upgrade phone to a Sprint store to drop it off and 2) I WILL receive my upgrade BACK so that I can use it at my convenience when something else comes out.

Now, I guess I will look into either the S7 Edge or a Note 5 on eBay or Swappa...and then in a few months, look into potentially the S8 or S8+ if such a thing exists.
This is what I will be doing.

WingLT

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
Trying to get the phones on Swappa might not be easy now. I was just on there and there's hardly any phones listed. The Note 5 only had 15 listed with 1 or 2 having the 64bg.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Currently on hold after being told my 14 day period is over. Also: "why did you have a second phone on Sept 24?"

Holy crap, are you kidding me?

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Sprint: Refund or forced exchange?

What is your current situation with sprint? I just spent 98 minutes on the phone where I was finally told that "per our agreement", I can not have a refund, just a replacement. But I'm welcome to try to "call Samsung and see what they will do.."

This was from a second tier supervisor who didn't know why I'd have a second Note on my account on Sept 25. *eyeroll*

Please share your steps if you've been successful getting a full refund. I will simply go back to my Note 5.

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Sprint: Refund or forced exchange?

I took my Note 7 into my local corporate Sprint store where they refunded my purchase, and reinstated my upgrade.

jmnesq

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
How were people getting the Note 7 for $350+ when it's a lot more money. As for the 2 year contract, I thought they got rid of that and in it's place is the payment plan for the phone...

They kept it for long term customers. I've been with Sprint since 2000. The phone was $399.99 with a $50 rebate (which I've received).

honeybrownfan

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Sprint: Refund or forced exchange?

Ditto. The corp store I went to was great. Refunded phone, removed installments, refunded taxes paid to credit card. In and out in 10 minutes.

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Anybody been able to work out a return by mail for the replacement? They keep insisting I do it through corporate which is 2+hrs away. (Even though I got the replacement by mail.)