Samsung Galaxy Note 6

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
On the note 5 you do NOT swipe even when setting it up. This is probably why you are having so many issues. You just touch the sensor with your fingertip.

When setting it up, you press your thumb or fingers to the finger pad. Press down for a couple of seconds, the percentage increases, then it says to move or flick the thumb or finger up /down.

Now, sometimes the fingerprint does NOT work when trying to unlock the phone. I try even with multiple fingers registered and sometimes it works, sometimes not. Then I get the Backup Password screen. THIS Is what I'm referring to about Samsung fixing this problem. I'm NOT the only one having this problem. Therefore, I hope they do NOT move this to the back.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I know you are supposed to move your finger or thumb slightly for each read, but not while it is being scanned. If you do multiple positions for each digit you register, you should not have any issues.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
I know you are supposed to move your finger or thumb slightly for each read, but not while it is being scanned. If you do multiple positions for each digit you register, you should not have any issues.
^^^^^THIS^^^^^ You move your finger up and then scan it again when setting it up. You DONT move it or swipe it while scanning. Scan finger, pickup finger, move finger forward, set finger back down to keep registering. If you do this until you reach 100 percent with a couple of fingers you will not have problems.

onlysamsung6

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
When setting it up, you press your thumb or fingers to the finger pad. Press down for a couple of seconds, the percentage increases, then it says to move or flick the thumb or finger up /down.

Now, sometimes the fingerprint does NOT work when trying to unlock the phone. I try even with multiple fingers registered and sometimes it works, sometimes not. Then I get the Backup Password screen. THIS Is what I'm referring to about Samsung fixing this problem. I'm NOT the only one having this problem. Therefore, I hope they do NOT move this to the back.

Here is a link on how to set it up watch the video it might be easier to see what to do then to be told what to do

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2i0F7eP14mU

johnklice

Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
From what I heard is Samsung is going to unveil their rumored foldable phone in the fall. I believe the Note line would be gone as the S7 pretty much similar to the Note series

Posted via the Android Central App

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I may have already posted. My memory sucks. But anyway all I want are a bigger battery, 64 gb standard, ir blaster back. I wish they wouldn't go usb 3 but they will. Why do you guys want to have to buy all new accessories? Total pita.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Since the edge and edge + were such HUGE hits than the Note 5 sales, would it be so bad if Samsung combined the edge and note series together? We already have the curved back with the Note 5. If we could have the curved edge , better optimized camera, BIGGER removable battery and SD card, plus the Note features it would be a huge seller. Still would like the Note 6 to be maybe 5.4" or 5" with the same resolution or higher. Note 5's 5.7" is my limit.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
From what I heard is Samsung is going to unveil their rumored foldable phone in the fall. I believe the Note line would be gone as the S7 pretty much similar to the Note series

That's what I was wondering. They're putting the larger edge, similar to Note Edge, out at the same time as the S7. Three phones. No mention of an spen or similar. Maybe they figure few people use it. Only a few options posted here included anything about a better spen. Maybe they have earlier versions. Some of us with the Note 5 want a better one. Mines fine, but I'd like it to be able to go in one way only and durable.

Posted via the *Note 5*

onlysamsung6

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
Still going to be getting a 12-megapixel camera sensor with the Galaxy Note 6 unfortunately.

It doesn't matter though cause mega pixels aren't everything you can have a 30 mega pixel phone and a 20 mega pixel phone and the 20 mp could be better as you can see the iPhone 6s is 12 mp and is almost as good as note 5 which has a 16mp canera

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
QUOTE=Synycalwon;4949062]For me the Note 6 must have two things before I'll consider it to replace my Note 4:

1. Screen size of at least 5.9"
2. A user-replaceable battery

I wouldnt mind a bigger screen if they can keep the size of the phone note 4 size or smaller. I am not ready to be carrying a 6 inch screen phone that looks like the old galaxy mega.

Removable batteries are prob gone, but hopefully it will be the 3600mah that has been mentioned for the s7 edge plus.

The note 4 and note 5 are good size phones to have. I don't want them making it bigger "just beacuse" phone sizes have increased.

Just my opinion.. i love the notes, and love current screen size, dont need 4k, dont need foldable screen, give me a bigger battery and expandable storage and keep the spen features and it will be a winner n my book.

And a 12 megapixel camera may not be bad.. megapixel count isn't the final say.

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
They could keep the size down by reducing the bezels. It wouldn't stay Note 4/5 size but should at least be smaller than the Mega (size comparison here), probably more like the size of the Nexus 6 (size comparison here). At this point I'm just so used to the 5.7" screen and size of my Note 4 that it feels small now, so a bump to 5.9" would be an enticing selling point.

I'm holding out hope, but you're right the user-replaceable battery is probably gone. If that ends up being the case I'll hold on to my Note 4 a while longer and look at other options as it's just such an invaluable feature to me. :)

I could prob get behind a nexus 6 size note.

As far as the battery, i bounce between notes and motorola droids, so i am used to non removable backs.

The other issue is the note 5 really needed at least a 3500mah battery in my opinion to make up for non removable battery, and to be an all day phone for someone who uses A LOT at work. If the increase the screen to 5.9 we def need a bigger battery on board!!

Hopefully the note6 will be something i really want lol

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I don't mind a 12MP camera.

Megapixels don't really matter as much nowadays. If the individual pixels are larger, the f/1.7 aperture is true and OIS stays, it's going to be yet another superb camera.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Bring back the high screen sensitivity for use with gloves on. Feature was on the Note 3 and Note 4, loved using my phone in the winter without removing my gloves.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I Love the note series for many reasons especially the big screen, but samsung has forgot many things with the note 5. That could be added to the note 6 to make it a killer phone. What would you like to see on it hardware, software, looks anything add you thoughts and opinions here.
I'd like to see:

Hardware
-MicroSD support
-at least a 64GB variant
-IR Blaster (not a deal breaker though)
-Exynos 8 at the very least
-6GB RAM (but I'm happy to settle with 4GB).

Software
-A better spaced keyboard
-Better RAM Manager
-A return of the deeper Power Save Settings e.g. being able to tick CPU and Display Power Save or just 1 of them
-More mature colours, hate the Yellow/Mastard in Message app.