Will there be a Note 6 Edge?

elysm1

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone else out there hoping for a Note 4 Edge? I've tried to find information on what Samsung is planning and have come up pretty much empty handed. What are your thoughts and what have you heard?

jordyd

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Personally, I would have thought Samsung would have two versions of the Note 6, because with the Note 4 there was standard and Edge. With the Note 5 there was standard and an S6 Edge plus. My money would be on a Note 6 Edge, which would come with all the Note features like the S Pen etc. Especially on the back of the apparent success of the S7 Edge, there will be side panel apps ready to go.

With the screen size of the S7 edge, I can't see any point in just an S7 Edge Plus.

I would be surprised if Samsung only come with just a Note 6.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Why would they have another edge phone that included only an spen? Especially when they didn't put an spen for the Note Edge 5.

Rumor is that the other Note phone will be the a dual screen flip phone.

Maybe they'll be two sizes of the note 6? That might be a second phone for the Note series. One the size of the Note 5 is perfect, then a larger one for those who want that.

Posted via the *Note 5*

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
I would assume they keep the Note line the way it is. The foldable phone would be a gimmick device on its own.

Posted via the Android Central App
no advertisements here.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I would assume they keep the Note line the way it is. The foldable phone would be a gimmick device on its own.

no advertisements here.

I feel the edge is a gimmicky phone. Since they released it with the S7 this year, another gimmicky phone might come out along side of the Note 6. So two phones to choose from.

Posted via the *Note 5*

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I dont see the footprint of the note6 being much different than the note5.

Add the sd card and bigger battery this year, and then make the bigger changes next year.

You rarely see a phone do a one off on a flagship, the s7 stayed pretty much the s6 with added features to make you want it. I see the note6 being the note5 w the added features also.

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
I dont see the footprint of the note6 being much different than the note5.

Add the sd card and bigger battery this year, and then make the bigger changes next year.

You rarely see a phone do a one off on a flagship, the s7 stayed pretty much the s6 with added features to make you want it. I see the note6 being the note5 w the added features also.

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!

I agree. Similar to what Apple does. We'll see an overhaul with the Note 7

no advertisements here.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
A lot of people didn't see much of an overhaul with the Note 5 from the Note 4, except no sd card and no replaceable battery. A lot kept their Note 4. What was the major difference that caused the Note 5 to be such an impressive phone that the 6 won't be much?

Posted via the *Note 5*

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
A lot of people didn't see much of an overhaul with the Note 5 from the Note 4, except no sd card and no replaceable battery. A lot kept their Note 4. What was the major difference that caused the Note 5 to be such an impressive phone that the 6 won't be much?

Posted via the *Note 5*

Yeah. I mean you have a point but slot changed from the Note 4 to 5. Most importantly the design. I would hope for an overhaul with the Note 6 but if it doesn't happen l, I don't mind that either

no advertisements here.

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I hope and pray they release a Note Edge 2 as my current Note Edge will be exactly 2 years old at release date. Removable SD card/Battery would be mandatory for me to upgrade my current phone. Also needs to retain the same exact functionality as the current Note Edge and not the gimmicky S6 edge+ and S7 edge....

Posted Via Galaxy Note Edge. Yea, the phone is perfect...

the game 161

Banned
Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
I hope and pray they release a Note Edge 2 as my current Note Edge will be exactly 2 years old at release date. Removable SD card/Battery would be mandatory for me to upgrade my current phone. Also needs to retain the same exact functionality as the current Note Edge and not the gimmicky S6 edge+ and S7 edge....

Don't see how the S7 edge is a gimmick. The same features on there will be on the note 6

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
While most likely an artist rendition here is something to at least look at:

Samsung Galaxy Note 6 may be launched earlier than Apple iPhone 7

And a true Note 6 Edge that had the same functionality (for the secondary edge screen) as the Note 4 Edge is my money out of my pocket into Samsungs coffers. The so-called "Edge" technology on the current handsets is a complete joke compared to the Note 4 Edge screen.

I don't remember seeing this post in this thread but the article linked in his reply is the most realistic article I've seen regarding the Note 6.

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Don't see how the S7 edge is a gimmick. The same features on there will be on the note 6

You obviously do NOT have a Note Edge. There is no phone on this planet that utilizes the Edge panel the way the Note does. It's comparing apples and rubber tires. Yea they are both round but it stops there....

the game 161

Banned
Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
You obviously do NOT have a Note Edge. There is no phone on this planet that utilizes the Edge panel the way the Note does. It's comparing apples and rubber tires. Yea they are both round but it stops there....

I'm talking about

Waterproof
Wireless chargin
Same design
Screen on display
A lot of the edge display features

Who knows what else the note edge will be like..the original galaxy note edge? Meh was a fail

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Galaxy Note Edge is the best phone I have ever owned. And I have had ALOT of phones.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I wish they would make another Note Edge. I am currently using my Note Edge as my daily now and leaving my Note 5 and S7 Edge at home. The Note Edge is truly a great phone.

They had a good thing going with the Edge features on the Note Edge. The current edge features on the S7 Edge are not the same as what the Note Edge had. I don't even use the edge features in the S7 Edge. What's the point in those panels when they blur out the rest of the screen when you are using one. On the Note Edge, you could answer a call, pause music and other things all without leaving the current app.

Last edited: