Am I Being Deprioritized?

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
What are the indicators of deprioritation? Recently, I've experienced instances of data signal either being totally dropped or going to "E", which I assume is edge. I've not seen it drop to "LTE" or "3G". It always drops directly to no signal or edge. This occurs in areas that have good coverage. After a few minutes, or a network reset, it goes back to 5G.

I'm on Mint Mobile (4+ years) and have a Pixel 8. I'm nowhere near the data cap for my plan. The P8 is a somewhat new phone since January. I don't recall this happening on my prior S23 or Pixel5, so I'm not sure if it's a carrier issue or a phone issue. This doesn't happen often or consistently in one location. When it does happen, it's in an area that usually should have a strong signal. There also isn't an excessive amount of people.

I'm trying to debug this, so the first step is to determine whether it's the carrier or the phone. Anyone having issues like this with a P8?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately there is no indication of de-prioritization other than data slowdown (if you're able to re-connect to 5G with no diminished speeds, then that's not it). Try adjusting your network connection settings or calling your provider to see if a SIM refresh is needed on their end (this sounds more like a connection issue than a de-prioritization one).