The Galaxy Note7 may feature a 3500mAh battery

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I guess ultimately what my question is: why is everybody freaking out over rumors that are negative (and not even fact), and not focusing on any of that are positive? It makes no sense to me personally. Someone put out a report,along with a million others, about a possible battery change and the whole world is running with it. So why are we out here stressing for nothing instead of just waiting until August 2nd? And besides, the Note 7 will have the largest battery that any notice had before so what are we complaining about? The Note 4 did a heck of a lot with a smaller battery then what we're getting so I welcome any battery 3500 or above.

Besides my Note 5 has a terrible battery life so anything that I get after this will be heaven. That and I look forward to having an SD slot.

I just focused on a positive, the storage space. 64gb is a huge step in the right direction. I wish my edge had it.

As far as the negative, you think all of the 3500 and 3600 rumors are wrong? If it has a less than 4000mah battery I'm gonna be disappointed and that's almost a guarantee now. Sure it's better than the Note 5. I have an S7e though. So while you may be overjoyed and think it's the best thing ever, I'm entitled to my opinion that it's a disappointment.

I really do wonder if it'll be optimized enough to have better life than my S7e. I'm a very heavy user and still have to charge my Edge at least twice a day.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Same here. I really hope the S8 and the Note 8 return to how the Note4 and S5 were. S6 and Note 5 was Samsung blatantly trying hard to be an iphone, they learned better this year, so I'm hoping next year will be even better, and hopefully Qualcomm knows not to ever ever EVER go back to the architecture that the Snapdragon 810 had. Overheating and eating through battery made me downgrade from an M9 to the Note 4 which I'm still very satisfied with.
Considering how much better sales have been with these new devices, I doubt they're going back to that. I liked removable batteries, but I'm pretty sure they're done. They may be trying to be like Apple, but it's clearly working. That must be what the majority likes.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
The Reason they Are Sticking With The Edge Is Because Of The Great Sales Of The Galaxy S7. Samsung learned from some of their mistakes. The Note 5 took a sales hit! The sales took a hit because of No Microsd and no removable battery. Removable battery is not going to come back at least to Samsung anyway and I think others will follow suit. Notes need Microsd cards for those of us that use them for business. In my opinion the Note 5 (No Microsd Slot) was not worth giving up my Note 4, but the Note 7 will be my next phone. By the way my Note 4 still works like a champ!

PlaybookFanatic

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Well, have you ever wondered why negative forum threads tend to get more attention than some positive ones?

Probably because anything negative tends to catch people's attention more, especially if it's something that they are not expecting.

You're absolutely correct.

Negative energy always seems to prevail. It's very interesting how we are more of a negative reinforcement type than positive reinforcement as humans.

PlaybookFanatic

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I just focused on a positive, the storage space. 64gb is a huge step in the right direction. I wish my edge had it.

As far as the negative, you think all of the 3500 and 3600 rumors are wrong? If it has a less than 4000mah battery I'm gonna be disappointed and that's almost a guarantee now. Sure it's better than the Note 5. I have an S7e though. So while you may be overjoyed and think it's the best thing ever, I'm entitled to my opinion that it's a disappointment.

I really do wonder if it'll be optimized enough to have better life than my S7e. I'm a very heavy user and still have to charge my Edge at least twice a day.

I think you missed the point of my entire post but that's okay.

Yes and if I thought that does 3500 or 3600 rumors were untrue. I think they're just as much a rumor is us getting a 4000. The point that seems to be eluding you is that you're going on a rumor just as baseless as the rumor that we might be getting a bigger battery. They are just that, rumors. You have 6 days to sit and wait before you figure out if you're going to be disappointed or not. For all you know that could be a battery inside that's 4,000 or larger. You just don't know.

Oh and by the way no one said that you weren't allowed to be disappointed. That's your given right as a human. But that that's like me getting upset and disappointed over the new PlayStation 4 that hasn't even come out yet. How can I get upset over something that has no official specs or release? It personally makes no sense to me.

And maybe this is part of the etiquette here, I don't know. But if I'm not happy with a product I just won't to buy it. Seems pretty simple to me. Just like it'll be simple for me when I start the purchase process on August 2nd.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site

Yes and if I thought that does 3500 or 3600 rumors were untrue. I think they're just as much a rumor is us getting a 4000. The point that seems to be eluding you is that you're going on a rumor just as baseless as the rumor that we might be getting a bigger battery. They are just that, rumors. You have 6 days to sit and wait before you figure out if you're going to be disappointed or not. For all you know that could be a battery inside that's 4,000 or larger. You just don't know.

Oh and by the way no one said that you weren't allowed to be disappointed. That's your given right as a human. But that that's like me getting upset and disappointed over the new PlayStation 4 that hasn't even come out yet. How can I get upset over something that has no official specs or release? It personally makes no sense to me.

And maybe this is part of the etiquette here, I don't know. But if I'm not happy with a product I just won't to buy it. Seems pretty simple to me. Just like it'll be simple for me when I start the purchase process on August 2nd.

I agree with you. But I do think the battery on the Note 7 will be 3500 MAH, and I think even though there will be some initial disappointment, it's real world use and reviews that will ultimately decide people's decisions.

Even if all the true stats leaked today, there is NO WAY anyone can predict how this phone will manage those stats until we see it in action.

Posted via the Android Central App

PlaybookFanatic

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I agree with you. But I do think the battery on the Note 7 will be 3500 MAH, and I think even though there will be some initial disappointment, it's real world use and reviews that will ultimately decide people's decisions.

Even if all the true stats leaked today, there is NO WAY anyone can predict how this phone will manage those stats until we see it in action.

And that's the part that seems to be eluding everyone. So eloquently put.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
And let's face it. Some Samsung fans are the worst when it comes to being happy with their device.

They could put a 6,000 MAH battery in the S8, and we'd still still posts like , "HELP, my battery is draining! How are some of you getting 3 day battery life when I'm struggling to get 12 hours SOT"!

Last edited:

PlaybookFanatic

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
And let's face it. Some Samsung fans are the worst when it comes to being happy with their device.

They could put a 6,000 MAH battery in the S8, and we'd still still posts like , "HELP, my battery is draining! How are some of you getting 3 day battery life when I'm struggling to get 12 hours SOT"!

I'm starting to notice that lol. This was never an issue at CrackBerry. All their devices have been great though, especially with battery.

That's why I adored my Note 4 though. It was a battery champ, like my BB devices.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Agreed; Even with the same phone, people are going to use theirs differently. Levels of brightness will be different for each person, some may play more games/watch movies/surf the net more than others. In short, their are Way too many variables.
But the same type phone with the same user and the same habits, apps, brightness etc will last longer with 4000 mAh than 3500... So 4000 is better. It really IS simple. Now I might get 4 hrs sot and you may get 6 but with a smaller battery both of us do worse.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm starting to notice that lol. This was never an issue at CrackBerry. All their devices have been great though, especially with battery.

That's why I adored my Note 4 though. It was a battery champ, like my BB devices.

Note 4 had great battery life, and overall is the best handset I've owned thus far. The M7 being a distant second.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

IMO Samsung makes the best phones. I won't switch. That said I still prefer 4000mAh to 3500 especially when I was duped by fake leaks telling me to look forward to 4000!

"happy" is relative. I'm so happy with my Note 3 that even Sammy has yet to build anything good enough to get me to switch! I' d be even happier if I got 6 hours sot!

PlaybookFanatic

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
IMO Samsung makes the best phones. I won't switch. That said I still prefer 4000mAh to 3500 especially when I was duped by fake leaks telling me to look forward to 4000!

"happy" is relative. I'm so happy with my Note 3 that even Sammy has yet to build anything good enough to get me to switch! I' d be even happier if I got 6 hours sot!

But who said these were false leaks? I mean...Samsung hasn't confirmed, so hold out hope. :)

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site

We do not know what is coming. Remember these are leaks Not by Samsung. So everything are Rumors until August 2nd. We could see a flat Note 7 with the Curved Note 7. We could get a 4000mah battery with 6GB of Ram. We could battery 3500mah with 4GB of Ram. It's all Rumors! There is nothing set in stone.

laollis

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I want to be able to change batteries when I want to. I hate not being able to take the back off and change. ugh... I have the S7 and I hate it. Loved my Note 4. Just gonna sell this thing.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Note 4 had great battery life, and overall is the best handset I've owned thus far. The M7 being a distant second.

Wish I could say that. Camera was bad on mine and battery couldn't last 1/2 day. Even trying fresh new batteries. I know there were many others that had a great experience with theirs. I did love the look of that phone.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
But the same type phone with the same user and the same habits, apps, brightness etc will last longer with 4000 mAh than 3500... So 4000 is better. It really IS simple. Now I might get 4 hrs sot and you may get 6 but with a smaller battery both of us do worse.

Agreed. I would LOVE a 4000 mAh battery. Even thought the latest rumors suggest a 3500 mAh, I'm still hoping for a 4000 mAh N7.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I think everyone hopes for as large as battery as possible. I think what others are arguing against though, is freaking out if it's somewhat smaller.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site

Let's be real man. When it gets this close rumors are usually correct. So I get your point, but I've been following phone releases for forever, as I'm sure you probably have. 4000mah is very unlikely at this point, so I'm disappointed. I don't care if it's a rumor that I'm disappointed in. If it happens to be 4k mah then I'll just be pleasantly surprised and eat my words.

But yes, you're right everything is just rumors right now. The specs could be anything. It could be only 3200mah and everybody could be wrong. We just don't know. But that'll be OK because it might last 3 days on a single charge because we can't go by battery capacity. We need to see how it performs. Like you said, nothing is official until August 2nd.