The Galaxy Note7 may feature a 3500mAh battery

david61983

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone know how much it costs to have a new battery installed in the Note 5? I'm sure I'll have to do it at least once with my Note 7.

Posted via the Android Central App

TJA3500

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
What ever size battery Samsung puts in the Note 7 will be fine by me, I usually have 70% left on my Note 5 after a 12 hour day.

TJA3500

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
I take my phone off the charging pad at 6:30 am when I leave for work. Throughout the day I spend about 1.5 hours total reading the news and maybe send and receive 5 or 6 text messages. I use S Note 4 or 5 times to take notes for work. I take 3 or 4 pictures for work. Read a few emails that come in. Get home about 7: 00 pm.
My data, Wi-Fi and GPS are always on.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I take my phone off the charging pad at 6:30 am when I leave for work. Throughout the day I spend about 1.5 hours total reading the news and maybe send and receive 5 or 6 text messages. I use S Note 4 or 5 times to take notes for work. I take 3 or 4 pictures for work. Read a few emails that come in. Get home about 7: 00 pm.
My data, Wi-Fi and GPS are always on.
That's not bad.

My G4 would fare significantly worse, and my M7 would probably run out of juice by 4PM.

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know how much it costs to have a new battery installed in the Note 5? I'm sure I'll have to do it at least once with my Note 7.

I checked out the very same question. If you're under warranty or extended warranty, you have to send the phone to Samsung, which is b.s. and if they deem it bad, they'll replace it under warranty.

If you just want a new battery installed, it's about Seventy bucks, but you still have to send to Samsung.

A local top repair shop quoted me sixty five bucks for factory Samsung battery but the warranty is voided.

Samsung needs to place warranty repair centers in many cities so like Apple, you can schedule an appointment and they'll install a new battery in an hour's time.

There is no way I'll send my phone away to Samsung unless they offer me a loaner phone. My Note 5 battery, if it was back in the replacement days, I'd have installed a new one by now.

The b.s. Samsung repair policy is the Achilles heel of the company!

YMMV.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I see a wave of complaints coming next week. Between the vilified Edge design to the battery stat, I'm not sure I can take all the whining were in for. lol

Solitary Wolf

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
It's hard to say if Samsung will return to the S5/Note 4 design form as the current design language on the S7 and S7 edge has been pretty popular, especially the latter. Given that a lot of their phones have a similar design language, and how well the S7 is selling, it's unlikely at this point that they'll do another overhaul of their design. Maybe a few more improvements here and there.

Another thing is that if one truly wants to bring the Note back to its "glory days" of having a removable battery and back cover, the S-line device has to have those first, as the Note (aside from the tablets) is usually based on the S-line device of the same year. Whatever the S-line device gets, it's likely that the Note will pick those up as well, along with its own stuff, since both are part of Samsung's flagship line. Or make the Note drastically different from the S-line, though that does bring in its own set of challenges.

We'll see next year. Maybe there's a surprise hidden in store?

Right, their profits from the s7/edge have been pretty high. As long as they don't ever go to their horrible iphone-cloning decisions during the S6 days, I have hope that they will innovate something. Maybe they might add the removable battery the way LG does it, or something a bit different? Here's hoping at least since Samsung can't keep using the s6 design forever, I hope.

Solitary Wolf

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
Considering how much better sales have been with these new devices, I doubt they're going back to that. I liked removable batteries, but I'm pretty sure they're done. They may be trying to be like Apple, but it's clearly working. That must be what the majority likes.

According to their profits, yeah. Maybe their fuel will run out dry soon, and they'll try and go back to removable battery goodness, maybe the way LG kind of does it if they want to keep their aesthetic look? I'm hoping the S8 will at least be a further improvement from their horrible S6 days, they were trying way too hard to be like Apple there.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
According to their profits, yeah. Maybe their fuel will run out dry soon, and they'll try and go back to removable battery goodness, maybe the way LG kind of does it if they want to keep their aesthetic look? I'm hoping the S8 will at least be a further improvement from their horrible S6 days, they were trying way too hard to be like Apple there.
I'm not sure if LG is celebrating, though.

They seem to be in a pretty rough patch right now. Hope the V20 is more of a refined V10. Loved that thing.

Solitary Wolf

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
I'm not sure if LG is celebrating, though.

They seem to be in a pretty rough patch right now. Hope the V20 is more of a refined V10. Loved that thing.

Yeah we can hope. With a newer 820 processor and not that 808 crap, it might be a bigger winner for phablet lovers. I've seen the V10 from a co worker, it seems pretty solid.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I guess that means it's very likely going to be 3500mAh, judging from the tweet as it compares it to an S7e, and should be significantly larger than the Note5 anyway.

Mildly disappointed, but it's still an improvement over its predecessor and my old phones.
Smaller battery could be 3600mah. The original rumor said 4000mah. I am waiting for August 2. How do we know that the tweeter is telling the truth. Not from @evleaks or @OnLeaks. Any one can get on twitter and say they have it. What is the guys past history when it comes to getting newly released phones? Is he a reliable source?

Last edited:

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I don't think Samsung wants to do anything LG does. Their sales are in the toilet and the G5 was a flop. If anything, that's more reason for Samsung to think no one cares about removable batteries.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Smaller battery could be 3600mah. The original rumor said 4000mah. I am waiting for August 2. How do we know that the tweeter is telling the truth. Not from @evleaks or @OnLeaks. Any one can get on twitter and say they have it. What is the guys past history when it comes to getting newly released phones? Is he a reliable source?
He's pretty big in the phone world. Don't know his exact track record, but I'm inclined to believe him. I seriously doubt he'd lie. By looking at his posts it looks like he already has the device. My money is on 3500mah cause he makes it seem like the only plus it has over the S7e is the bigger display and spen.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
He's pretty big in the phone world. Don't know his exact track record, but I'm inclined to believe him. I seriously doubt he'd lie. By looking at his posts it looks like he already has the device. My money is on 3500mah cause he makes it seem like the only plus it has over the S7e is the bigger display and spen.
All are still rumors until after the announcement.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Note 4 had great battery life, and overall is the best handset I've owned thus far. The M7 being a distant second.

Interesting. I have the note 4 and the Note 5 (wife has the 4 now). I like the Note 5 better in every way, including better battery life ..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez