Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note7 Ordering & Shipping Information

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Is your "new home" a burb of your city?

I am getting the runaround right now, but if my experience of working for the post office is accurate they will go by zip code first followed by street address. You could put "Blankey Island" as the city and still get it...I'm hoping FedEx or Verizon frigging help today otherwise I'm fingers crossed my abhorrent FedEx guy leaves my phone in the driveway again.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red

I think this is pretty accurate. I will be surprised if it does not arrive at your doorstep. I know in my area there are a lot of different interpretations of what the 'city' is.

c1nnamon

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Currently on the phone with Verizon. Saying now it might ship out later than the 19th. Told them I wanted to cancel and now they are looking in to if they can overnight me one on Friday. For some reason my order got overlooked.

This has happened to me so many times with Verizon and I'm sure that's what going on this time. Its like the order just sits there. I preordered on 8/3 and my order still shows processing.

RustyNeedlePM

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
I think this is pretty accurate. I will be surprised if it does not arrive at your doorstep. I know in my area there are a lot of different interpretations of what the 'city' is.

It has been fairly accurate. Verizon sent out a trade in box and my phone to my address with city off. My zip code is Tacoma but it put Ruston which is the next city over. My street and numbers don't exist in Ruston but does in Tacoma.. zip and numbers is all they need.. my trade in box made it right away with no problem.. I don't anticipate any confusion.. I tried to correct it on order but it kept changing it back to Ruston cause that's what the database says.. you out my zip in and it comes back Tacoma and Ruston due to go down 2 streets and it's now the city of Ruston.. so no worries guys! They've been delivering mail for years and I'm sure this isn't the first time they've seen this mixup of cities

Schlubbe

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
So, I reached out to Verizon about the wrong city on my shipping label, and they told me to contact FedEx. And then FedEx told me to contact Verizon because I, the consumer, am not allowed to make changes on this particular shipment. Ughhhhh!

Every package comes out of the 'cans' (aluminum containers that roll on/off aircraft) and on to a belt where it is 'SIP'ed (barcode scanned and assigned a little yellow route number sticker). It then continues down the belt where drivers pull off every package with their route number (say 123) and piles it by or in the back of their van. Once the belt stops, the driver then has x-amount of time to stage his packages - first by delivery time (first overnight by 8am, priority by 10:30, then the rest), then by area.

So your package with the right zip and street but wrong city has at least 2 chances to be corrected before it ever leaves the local station - first during the SIP, then (more likely) when the driver is staging their truck. The good drivers will put everything in stop order before going on road, using street name and address. Unless it's a new driver, they know every street in their delivery area, and they really don't want to leave with a package that isn't on their route.

If it's a really experienced driver, they'll likely know what route it goes on and will pass it of to the right driver immediately. If not, they'll give it to a CSR (in-station worker) who will figure out which truck it's supposed to be on. If they figure it out quickly, it makes the truck easy-peasy. If they struggle to make sense of it or they're backed up or whatever, it might not make the truck, but might still go out later with a driver that will meet up with the route driver, or someone who might be picking up outgoing packages in your area.

Important thing is, and especially with a big account like Verizon or Amazon or whatever, if it doesn't get to you by the promised time, the shipper (not you!) is entitled to a refund of their shipping cost (which FedEx corporate will then hold against the local station). So everyone in your local station is very motivated to get your stuff right and out to you on time.

Everyone at FedEx hates bad addresses, and they have a lot of resources and experience to make them right.

Guess what I'm trying to say is you almost certainly have nothing to worry about - your phone should show up on time. A whole lot would have to go wrong for it to not (not saying it never happens, but way more get fixed than fall through the cracks).

Sorry for the wall of text - used to drive for FedEx, and thought people might find this explanation usefull

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
It has been fairly accurate. Verizon sent out a trade in box and my phone to my address with city off. My zip code is Tacoma but it put Ruston which is the next city over. My street and numbers don't exist in Ruston but does in Tacoma.. zip and numbers is all they need.. my trade in box made it right away with no problem.. I don't anticipate any confusion.. I tried to correct it on order but it kept changing it back to Ruston cause that's what the database says.. you out my zip in and it comes back Tacoma and Ruston due to go down 2 streets and it's now the city of Ruston.. so no worries guys! They've been delivering mail for years and I'm sure this isn't the first time they've seen this mixup of cities

It's odd, but I'm not going to panic. There's no address like mine anywhere in any of the burbs. I made a delivery instruction note that I live in City B and not City A, otherwise I'm not going to hassle people.

I know I put in my address correctly because I used Google auto fill. I'm not worried. I was concerned at first....but my training came back to me. Fingers crossed!

Nostromo79

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
Yes. Sentimental :)

T-Mo

Me too; sentimental that is. My formerly intended stepson was a Voice Stream customer 'wrangler' at Best Buy in that era. He stayed with it until they changed to T-Mobile. It seemed like there were thousands of cell companies in '01 to around '03.

Nostromo79

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
Well on the s7 edge, the back glass is softer than the front glass. In every forum of major phones, you will see scratched up devices.

Also the gg4 scratches easier than gg3. Can't say for gg 5 yet.

Is there any aluminum present in the environments where the photos were taken? Aluminum oxide is nearly as hard as diamonds.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Well on the s7 edge, the back glass is softer than the front glass. In every forum of major phones, you will see scratched up devices.

Also the gg4 scratches easier than gg3. Can't say for gg 5 yet.

Also what makes glass less likely to shatter also makes it more likely to scratch. If gg5 is more likely to resist shattering it is almost certainly easier to scratch.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
FedEx tracking is real time isn't it? Seems odd that there is no movement at noon to reach that 2 day target for Friday delivery.

Just because the shipping is "2 day" doesn't mean it actually takes two whole days for fedex to move a package from its hub to your house. I wouldn't be surprised if they flew out of Memphis Thursday night since the first day of "2 day" shipping is often spent just getting the package to a hub.