08-07-2017 06:51 PM
46 12
tools
    Bad news. Finally somebody tired USB Type-C and HDMI and it didn't work. https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/...sLn9kD-gU.link
    08-22-2016 10:36 AM
    Hi.
    I was hoping it would work... but I had low expectation.
    I connected to a USB-C Hub (usb-c to 4 usb-a, 1 usb-c and 1 hdmi) and NOTHING, no signal. (Even when I plugged the USB-C "input", it did charge my phone but still no signal)
    The USB Mouse, Keyboard and usbkey I've plugged in the Hub worked nicely (OTG)... but my hope seems dead for watching on TV
    09-02-2016 04:53 PM
    Unless you try a wireless make...

Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...hout-wifi.html
    09-03-2016 05:48 PM
    Darn autocorrect. Wireless SOLUTION...
    09-03-2016 05:49 PM
    https://touchit.sk/samsung-galaxy-no...-uspesny/63554
    Slovak review and they didn't find any way how to connect it to HDMI, so probably it's not supported for now. They are mentioning MHL, but there is no mention about type-c to hdmi adapter. So there is still some hope.
    I found also this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...resenter&hl=en that should work with proper adaptor on any device. Type-C port should allow also charging.
    Yep. I tried the app with two different devices. It did not work. How ever both devices were not Displaylink listed devices.
    09-03-2016 06:45 PM
    The LG G5 uses a usb c port and has the 820. In this video be has hdmi connected to the phone. Wonder if it'll work for the note 7.
    09-03-2016 07:34 PM
    The problem is the phone was to support HDMI or video out on the USB port. The note 7 does not have it. I tried using an app called Displaylink. Did not work. I tried two different devices and neither one worked. One was a Samsung USB to HDMI that worked with the Note 3. Used the USB 2 to USB C adapter. No go the phone did not see the darn thing.
    09-03-2016 08:17 PM
    The problem is the phone was to support HDMI or video out on the USB port. The note 7 does not have it. I tried using an app called Displaylink. Did not work. I tried two different devices and neither one worked. One was a Samsung USB to HDMI that worked with the Note 3. Used the USB 2 to USB C adapter. No go the phone did not see the darn thing.
    I tried with the Apple usb c to hdmi and that didn't work either
    09-03-2016 08:26 PM
    09-03-2016 08:33 PM
    I use a Samsung AllCast hub, it screen mirrors your phone with no wifi internet needed. It makes a wifi connection with your phone and your data streams whatever to your TV.
    09-03-2016 08:43 PM
    I use a Samsung AllCast hub, it screen mirrors your phone with no wifi internet needed. It makes a wifi connection with your phone and your data streams whatever to your TV.
    I use a fire tv stick and it works fine but I think some people are looking for a wired option
    09-03-2016 08:52 PM
    I think that's kinda cheap on Samsung's part to not include MHL support. Other USB-C phones have the support [HTC 10 and G5]. So for my Note 7 I end up using my Microsoft Wireless Display adapter.
    French likes this.
    09-04-2016 01:38 AM
    I've been using a Screenbeam however not too happy with its performance outside of my home. Sound fluctuates and even cuts out. Also the sound has been a bit out of sync when using outside of my own home.
    09-04-2016 07:48 AM
    Just to clarify some thing. USB-C is not support native HDMI as USB-C is responsible just for the connection itself. Over on this USB-C support HDMI passthrough what classic micro USB not supported (it's independent that with USB 2.x or 3.x). MHL was one extended solution on micro USB if the host controller support it then the extended connector can use for HDMI video output. The current problem is that for HDMI through USB-C we need host controller with such HDMI support what some times missing from the current devices (for example Nexuses also such weak devices). So while the USB-C basically could handle the connection and the data is the host not support some data type then the result is... So MHL is basically not for USB-C (no need to search for that) as that extension is for standard micro USB extension and not for USB-C what can handle HDMI streams natively if the host support that data. It's really sad that currently used USB-C solutions on mobiles not always capable to HDMI. Also ridiculous that Google answer to the problem about Nexuses is just that buy a Chromecast for it. It's really ridiculous as the wireless recoded content in this case has more lossy data as the compressed video stream has itself. And also ridiculous that when we buy a top type device we simply could not use it just for such easy operation. Shame on Google also as this could be basic feature on all new Android.
    09-05-2016 12:14 PM
    Maby off subject but I just use smartview
    09-05-2016 06:23 PM
    Just to clarify some thing. USB-C is not support native HDMI as USB-C is responsible just for the connection itself
    Soon, there will be native support: USB-C devices will be able to output to HDMI with new standard

09-05-2016 07:30 PM
    I hope this isn't a stupid question...but does anyone know if the new type C USB port on the Note 7 is capable of HDMI out (with the right cable of course)? Or is that an internal function of some kind that has to be there already?

I'm wondering if the Apple USB C to HDMI could possibly work with the Note 7...or at the very least is this something we might see the Note 7 be capable of in the future as it becomes more mainstream (cable availability?) Is it a built in functionality of the USB C port already (across all devices)?

Posted via the Android Central App
    I also received this response when I purchased an adapter from aukey that supports MacBook and chromebook:

Sorry for the trouble it caused to you. The type c port of note 7 does not support with DP ALT MODE, however, this adapter is not compatible with devices which do not support the protocol of DP ALT MODE. In this case, we would like to issue the full refund to remedy the situation.
    09-06-2016 06:49 AM
    Of that works it would solve my problem. A direct connection is what I want. I want have Wi-Fi free to stream off a hotel Wi-Fi if I can or via LTE. A single solution like this is best. Simply connect to hotel tv and note 7 and stream to my heart's content. Plus I can use wireless charging at the same time.
    09-06-2016 01:40 PM
    I think that's kinda cheap on Samsung's part to not include MHL support. Other USB-C phones have the support [HTC 10 and G5]. So for my Note 7 I end up using my Microsoft Wireless Display adapter.
    To connect phone to microsoft adapter must you first disconnect phone from your wifi network?
    09-21-2016 12:27 AM
    MHL isn't supported in the Note 7. In fact this has been the situation for some if not all Samsungs over the last few years
    I have the Samsung Galaxy S8 and I was looking at the specs and it said that it didn't support MHL but it does. I got an Hdmi to USB C and it worked. I was shocked I got it at a flea market for 5$ I didn't think it was going to work I was surprised.
    06-04-2017 12:23 PM
    We travel, and not always with our dongle equipped hdtv.
    08-07-2017 06:51 PM
46 12