Note 7 vs iPhone 6s Speedtest

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Why are all those app icons on the crapple phone all the way at the top?? Why not move it down to the bottom??

shadow82x

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
I love Samsung but gosh do they really not know how to fix their RAM management issues? Every other company doesn't have an issue with RAM management. (Apple, LG, Nexus phones, HTC, etc.)

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Iphones will always be faster than Android devices, because IOS is simple and doesn't have depth. Android is complex, offers unlimited customizations, more control over your phone and systems and to put it quite plainly, A better system.

Iphone may be faster, but that's really about it.

ConstantDefector

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
System Performance Cont'd and NAND Performance - The Apple iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus Review

Scroll half way down the page.

Samsung will always be behind until they are using a better NAND controller. Which is funny since they make some of the fastest SSD's I've ever used.

They just aren't trying when it comes to their phones.

Last year Apple's implementation made it's OS twice as fast (see results from above link) as Samsung.

I am switching to Samsung with the Note 7 but I have a ton of questions for them as a company. They fall short on certain things that they should never fall short on. They design and make their own CPU's and memory. They should equal or beat Apple in all speed tests, real life or synthetic. Instead, they are 50% slower. Absolutely no excuse for this.

ConstantDefector

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Iphones will always be faster than Android devices, because IOS is simple and doesn't have depth. Android is complex, offers unlimited customizations, more control over your phone and systems and to put it quite plainly, A better system.

Iphone may be faster, but that's really about it.

You are wrong. Read my post and check out that link. Samsung is at fault here. Apple is no better, or worse, in the OS department. That is a personal choice thing. Samsung, and all other Android OEM's are using older, inferior, NAND controllers. This is on Samsung, not Android, nor IOS.

Another link: http://www.anandtech.com/show/9662/iphone-6s-and-iphone-6s-plus-preliminary-results

It also does benefit Apple to design their own hardware. Some things are OEM designed OTS components but they make them work together in a great way.

If Samsung wanted to pull ahead in real-life and synthetics, they would use their own Exynos and tailor every component to work seamlessly together. I'm not saying this is Qualcomm's fault. Again, this is still on Samsung.

Apple has a very finite amount of devices that all share the same advanced tech.

Samsung has a ton of devices that all share the same reference designs. They talked about focusing on less models a few years ago. I'm seeing that in some areas, especially design and adding back features that consumers wanted, but I'm not seeing this in on a system level. Maybe in the next few years they will dump Qualcomm and focus on their internal hardware. They should at least do this for their flagship devices. Otherwise, if you could run Android on an IPhone, you wouldn't need Samsung. That's a joke... lighten up.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
:) So in a test of something no one would ever do with their phone, the iPhone is faster. They are both really really fast, this is silly. No one uses their phone like that anyway.

These videos do make for fun debates though, right? There will probably be 1000 responses in this thread defending the Note 7 or not, complaining about RAM. I need some popcorn I think :)

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
You are wrong. Read my post and check out that link. Samsung is at fault here. Apple is no better, or worse, in the OS department. That is a personal choice thing. Samsung, and all other Android OEM's are using older, inferior, NAND controllers. This is on Samsung, not Android, nor IOS.
I mean, saying I'm wrong isn't actually correct, Because it's more of an opinion. I'm using a Nexus 6P and work provides me with a IPhone 6S Plus. Things tend to run a little smoother, Cleaner and faster. Part of that is Apps developed for IOS are definitely better and anyone who disagrees either hasn't used a recent iOS device or just hates Apple

I don't care for Apples products, but I work with both Samsung, Apple and other Oems on a daily basis and I tend to see more errors, hiccups or slow downs on Android than Apple and it kills me to say that.

Once again, That's really all Apple has on Android.

ConstantDefector

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Fair enough.

I have owned 3 Android phones (actually still have them all) and 4 iPhones (currently using a 6S Plus.

Android OEM's have cleaned their acts up, to some extent and Apple has rested on its laurels. This is a subjective view of mine.

Android itself has also matured a good bit and iOS has as well but still, we all need a little change from time to time :)

We all want the best performance because we pay for the best performance.

In this area, Samsung and Apple both could improve.

If this Note slows down for me, I'll find a ROM that supports the S Pen and move on with life. I'm running Cyanogen Temasek on a 2 year old Android phone and even it appears faster than the Note 7 and it's definitely faster than my 6S.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
OP asked for my thoughts, so this are my thoughts.

I never, ever understand this kind of Non-sense unreal Video comparison, not because iPhone seems to always pull ahead, simply because you are not comparing apples to apples when doing this, as simple as seeing that iPhone pulls ahead when opening games will show you just that those games are way more optimized for iOS than for Android. Just do this tests with regular universal apps and you will see that most flagship Androids (not just Samsung) pulls ahead of iOS.

The same happens with benchmarks, impossible to compare apples to apples when you are using a device with 720p resolution 4.7" display vs a Quad HD 5.7" display, if you think that it doesn't matter, think again. Only comparisons I watch are the ones from different Android flagships, and from the same year and comparable specs, but never, cross-platforms comparisons.

The comparisons I'd like to see are:

1-) How they compare opening 2 apps side by side in multi window mode
2-) How fast and good they are with a stylus
3-) How fast I can transfer a music, photo or video file from my computer to both of those phones connected to it
4-) How fast I can create and add a ringtone
5-) How fast I can locate and access any app from my customized home screen
6-) How fast I can access my photo app and take a picture by double pressing the home button
7-) How fast and for how long I can use any app under a torrential rain
:cool: How fast they access widgets in all the screens

The above just to name a few...

So you may think that it's not fair because one of those devices can't do any of that? Exactly...;)

ConstantDefector

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I'll concede the QHD point. This was in my mind as well but I disagree with the app optimization point. I would love an expert to clarify the NAND controller issue I have mentioned.

I believe this is where Apple pulls ahead in such performance. There is much to be said for their walled garden and tight OS/hardware control.

Did anyone even read the link I provided about Apple's use of PCI-E/NVMe NAND?

It's like comparing a rotating disk to an SSD. We all know which wins in performance there.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I'll concede the QHD point. This was in my mind as well but I disagree with the app optimization point. I would love an expert to clarify the NAND controller issue I have mentioned.

I believe this is where Apple pulls ahead in such performance. There is much to be said for their walled garden and tight OS/hardware control.

Did anyone even read the link I provided about Apple's use of PCI-E/NVMe NAND?

It's like comparing a rotating disk to an SSD. We all know which wins in performance there.

I have a couple of mobile apps myself as I'm also a programmer and believe me, it's not the same to code for just 1 OS and 1 or 2 devices than to do it for Kit Kat, Lollipop and Marshmallow APIs and hundreds of different devices from dozens of OEMs and Android skins, without mentioning that a lot of those apps and games are created for iOS and then they just port it to Android, just like an afterthought, if you still think it doesn't matter then good for you.

About the link about the NAND controller, no I haven't because I personally couldn't care less if iPhones open games I'll never play or some apps I use milliseconds faster than any phone I may buy, I buy the phone that does what I need and some more, that amaze me by its technology and features even if by having them makes the phone milliseconds slower than any other boring phone being an iPhone or any other Android like for example the equally boring Pure Vanilla Nexus phones. Much power for those that think otherwise, that's what choices are for.

MarqBland

Oct 13, 2009
www.facebook.com
:) So in a test of something no one would ever do with their phone, the iPhone is faster. They are both really really fast, this is silly. No one uses their phone like that anyway.

These videos do make for fun debates though, right? There will probably be 1000 responses in this thread defending the Note 7 or not, complaining about RAM. I need some popcorn I think :)

Hahaha I agree. However, the only thing that I don't like is that those non-intensive apps should have been held in the RAM. I'm forgiving with not keeping games open in the background after other games are open, but the other apps not being open is problematic for me. The only reason I think it's a problem is because similarly specced phones don't really have that issue. Well...OnePlus fixed their issue. Hopefully the Note 7 doesn't have the same ram management issue that the S6 had.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Hahaha I agree. However, the only thing that I don't like is that those non-intensive apps should have been held in the RAM. I'm forgiving with not keeping games open in the background after other games are open, but the other apps not being open is problematic for me. The only reason I think it's a problem is because similarly specced phones don't really have that issue. Well...OnePlus fixed their issue. Hopefully the Note 7 doesn't have the same ram management issue that the S6 had.

That happened also when the S7 was released and it was tweaked and fixed for the most part with an update not long after it was released.

The Note 7 hasn't even been released yet, the ones that some people are using may easily be running an unreleased version with bugs and issues and even if it's the final official release version, all those things can be fixed with an update

Last edited:

kg4icg

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I guessed no one realized that the iPhone 6S isn't as graphics intensive with a 720p screen as the Note 7/ S7 is with a qhd display, makes a big difference in load times.