Is anyone upgrading from s7 edge to Note 7?

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Yes, but it's not an upgrade. The S8 edge will be an upgrade to the S7 edge. The Note 7 is an upgrade to the Note 5 and all other previous Notes.

/pedantic

Just because the Note 7 isn't marketed to S7E owners, doesn't mean it isn't an upgrade. Moving from one phone to another can certainly be an upgrade.

And since we're being pedantic :) :

upgrade: raise (something) to a higher standard, in particular improve (equipment or machinery) by adding or replacing components

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes, but it's not an upgrade. The S8 edge will be an upgrade to the S7 edge. The Note 7 is an upgrade to the Note 5 and all other previous Notes.

/pedantic

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto Z Force Droid

I disagree on not being an upgrade. At least for me. You're welcome to see it differently but that doesn't make my opinion wrong :).

Last edited:

Blumini06

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
Last time I tried a note was a Note 4. And had that only for 3 days and returned it. It was my first Android phone. A couple years later, I took another leap and tried with my now S7 and love it. I am not into bigger screen and could careless for the S -Pen. So no, sticking to S7 and see what other phones comes out this year from Apple, Nexus and other brand.

mia_xoxo

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Yes I'm coming from the s7edge to the Note 7 simply because I love the note line. I had the Note 5 until the s7edge came out. It's only right I go back.
Ordered the blue coral but thinking I should have gone silver.

LdotAdot13

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm a huge phone junkie! I also love the shiny newness of every new Samsung device! Pre ordered the note 7 in black because it looked so sleek and sexy. I think this is the first time the phone is actually all black.

Sent from Sir Cletus Sexy IV.
(S7 Edge Titanium)

bplink95

May 25, 2014
Visit site
going from s7 edge to note 7 then s8 edge when it's released. I love tmobile jump on demand....

Posted via the Android Central App

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Upgrading because I hate the way the S7E feels and I hate cases.
I'm one of those who will probably never use the sPen, but I have to have a SS phone for my Galaxy S.

llfloyd79

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm switching to the Note 7 from the S7 Edge. I personally miss the Note features and S-Pen.

Posted via the Android Central App

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I'm a huge phone junkie! I also love the shiny newness of every new Samsung device! Pre ordered the note 7 in black because it looked so sleek and sexy. I think this is the first time the phone is actually all black.

Sent from Sir Cletus Sexy IV.
(S7 Edge Titanium)

I thought the S7 and S7E were blacked out. My brothers look blacked out anyway.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
...and thirty seconds after posting I'm regretting not getting blacked out.

I was so gleeful ordering yesterday I meant to order the titanium silver but forgot to select my color and ordered a blue coral. I didn't realize it because the accessories portion of checkout asked me if I wanted to add accessories to my silver titanium Note 7. Now I'm getting a blue coral. I don't mind. I'll use it regardless but God that black out is beautiful.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
...and thirty seconds after posting I'm regretting not getting blacked out.

I was so gleeful ordering yesterday I meant to order the titanium silver but forgot to select my color and ordered a blue coral. I didn't realize it because the accessories portion of checkout asked me if I wanted to add accessories to my silver titanium Note 7. Now I'm getting a blue coral. I don't mind. I'll use it regardless but God that black out is beautiful.

I thought about the Blue Coral until I saw the frame online. I've got the Mint Nextbit Robin for color anyway. I love the all black.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Just because the Note 7 isn't marketed to S7E owners, doesn't mean it isn't an upgrade. Moving from one phone to another can certainly be an upgrade.

And since we're being pedantic :) :

upgrade: raise (something) to a higher standard, in particular improve (equipment or machinery) by adding or replacing components

...it's not an upgrade. Both the S7 edge and the Note 7 have the same interior components. They both have SD 820. They both have the same exact cameras. They both have IP68 rating.

An upgrade would mean going from SD 820 to SD 830--getting newer technology. The Note isn't an improvement on the S7 edge. It's an improvement on the Note 5.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I thought about the Blue Coral until I saw the frame online. I've got the Mint Nextbit Robin for color anyway. I love the all black.

Guess Verizon is going to have a visitor if I don't fall in love with blue coral out of the box.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
...it's not an upgrade. Both the S7 edge and the Note 7 have the same interior components. They both have SD 820. They both have the same exact cameras. They both have IP68 rating.

An upgrade would mean going from SD 820 to SD 830--getting newer technology. The Note isn't an improvement on the S7 edge. It's an improvement on the Note 5.

This is semantics, so this will be my final fun post on the subject. So, the "same" internals.. Except for:

[FONT=&quot]Compared to the S7E, the Note 7 has:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- 64GB base storage[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- Improved display in every area according to DisplayMate[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- Improved S-Pen goodness (Improved screen-off memos, Glance PiP, auto-GIFs, etc)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- Dual auto-brightness sensors[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- Bigger Screen[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- Iris Scanner (if you care, I don't)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- USB-C[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- Gorilla Glass 5[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- MIMO 4 x 4 potentially[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Software:
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- Awesome new power saving modes with customizable Display resolutions (can take it down to 1080 or 720p, can lower CPU usage, etc)
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- Updated Camera software
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- Secure Folders[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- Improved Always on Display with 3rd Party notifications[/FONT]