Which Smartphone to buy now - to match S7 Edge

MtnDave

Mar 19, 2024
Visit site
I lost use of my beloved (refurbished) S7 Edge in April 22 - never once let me down always fast and fluid for about 4 years. Thought Id have a punt on a lower spec A22 - ok initially but after two years getting laggy and some apps slow to open. Running Android 14. Current free memory is 1gb out of 4 RAM and 15gb out of 64 storage. I have some apps and music files on SD card too.

What would I have to get to obtain performance in realm of S7 ? Would A54 be ok or do I really have go for an S series ? Dont mind refurb...and top end Camera is not crucial...and huge screen not crucial.

thanks
Dave

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I lost use of my beloved (refurbished) S7 Edge in April 22 - never once let me down always fast and fluid for about 4 years. Thought Id have a punt on a lower spec A22 - ok initially but after two years getting laggy and some apps slow to open. Running Android 14. Current free memory is 1gb out of 4 RAM and 15gb out of 64 storage. I have some apps and music files on SD card too.

What would I have to get to obtain performance in realm of S7 ? Would A54 be ok or do I really have go for an S series ? Dont mind refurb...and top end Camera is not crucial...and huge screen not crucial.

thanks
Dave
Welcome to Android Central ! 🙂
A family member of ours has the A54 5G w/ 128GB / 6GB RAM, and is very happy with it. Though they don't store much on it.
We found it on sale @ amaz for $329. in Oct 2023. But I see that they're $375 now, (with refurb price at $268).

I went from an S7A to the S23+ [512GB / 8GB RAM]... and could hardly be more pleased, 'cept of course for the high price.

Last edited:

Madd62

Mr. Wonderful
May 31, 2021
Visit site
Surprisingly, (or not) Geekbench 6 cpu single and multi core scores put the S7 Edge only on a par with, or lower than, many budget devices - so "The World is your Lobster".

Most devices in recent years were scored using Geekbench 5 so check you are comparing like for like.
Geekbench 6 is fairly recent with mildly higher scores for the same device using newer parameters - though I haven't got a clue what I'm talking about really, but I've always been mildly obsessed with comparing Geekbench scores, though they don't represent normal daily use too much.
My 2020 phone still does very well - thanks very much! - so that keeps me happy. 🤪

Antutu is the other benchmark score reviewers quote - for Graphics iirc.

Worth looking at the Geekbench 6 comparisons with later models for single and multi core scores:

**** Corrected to S7 Edge :

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter