Stock browser or chrome?

komobu

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
How do you get to your book marks in chrome android?

I have been looking for an android browser that would allow me to put visable bookmarks accross the top and havent found one yet

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I like the stock browser for general internet surfing, especially with the ad block plug in. I do use chrome for a few tasks still because of the desktop integration.

Posted via the Android Central App
Where do you find the plug-in/add-onn feature?? For the life of me I can't find it. By any chance was that feature added with the Marshmallow update? Because I've been postponing the install forever since I knew I'd be getting the N7 & didn't want to have to mess with anything it might break that close to getting a new phone.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I used to use Google Chrome on Note 4, but now I use the stock Samsung browser. Ever since they updated the browser and with the addition of adblock, it's better than Chrome.

Samsung because of ad-block. No complaints. Battery life is apparently better as well.

Been a Chrome addict since it became available.
But, on my N5, I moved to stock b/c of ad-blocking (works great) and its superior speed.

Now you guys have me thinking of checking it out again. I have always used and loved Chrome. Is the stock browser that much faster? Is it really noticeable? And which ad blocker do you use with it?

Last edited:

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Now you guys have me thinking of checking it out again. I have always used and loved Chrome. Is the stock browser that much faster? Is it really noticeable? And which ad blocker do you use with it?

Ad block plus for Samsung browser is what I use.

shadow82x

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
I use 'adblock fast'. As for speed, I believe it's faster than Chrome, although I haven't done any testing. Most importantly it's been reported that battery life is better as well.

Hurleygm

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I've disliked every Android browser I've tried honestly. I've settled on Chrome so far, but I still don't like it. I'm definitely gonna try the stock one to see how I like it. Especially if the ad blocker works well.

+1

I have have tried just about every one out there, but they all have good and bad features.

I really liked Dolphin, but they seemed to have pulled a lot of the features in the last few years.

I actually liked the stock browser that came with the Note 5.

bobxxz

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site

I think it's better due to the adblock add on (Adblock fast). This will help load Web pages faster and etc.. If anything, the stock browser is faster or as fast as chrome. Only time I use chrome now is for backup.

Zaku77

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I don't like OEM stock apps, so I'll use Chrome and any other Google services instead of their Samsung counterparts.

SAENZ_SCENE

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Where do you find the plug-in/add-onn feature?? For the life of me I can't find it. By any chance was that feature added with the Marshmallow update? Because I've been postponing the install forever since I knew I'd be getting the N7 & didn't want to have to mess with anything it might break that close to getting a new phone.

I recommend ad block fast. Download ad block fast from the play store. After that, go into Samsung internet. Click on more>Settings>advanced>block content. Then slide till it says on. Select ad block fast and you are all set. Reboot device and that is all. It is available for Samsung browser 4.0 and newer.

Fedway

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
There are advantages to both. I will probably end up using Chrome the most, but the ad blocker in the Samsung browser is appealing.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
+1

I have have tried just about every one out there, but they all have good and bad features.

I really liked Dolphin, but they seemed to have pulled a lot of the features in the last few years.

I actually liked the stock browser that came with the Note 5.

I used to really like Dolphin with Jetpack, but the past few months it seems to have gotten really janky with me.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I was a chrome guy, until recently, but I realized that I rarely cross platform sync, so that part of chrome is worthless. This website and forum would fight with me, and it turns out it was the ads that locked up chrome. Stock browser ad blocking has been a joy, and I gotta say, I'm falling in love with fingerprint passwords.

Hmm, thanks for that reminder. Yet another reason for me to try the Samsung browser.

How does that work though? For example, if I need to login to ... Android Central, we'll say. I need to enter my login and password the first time, I assume. Browsers can be set to remember logins/passwords for sites anyway, so I assume the Samsung browser can (correct me if I am wrong). So how would having fingerprint login help me with Android Central in this instance? I must be missing something...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89