Samsung NOTE 7 DROP TEST... Yikes!

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
The fact that it cracked easier on the back then the front makes me excited to get this phone. I've dropped my s7 several times on concrete face first and my tech 21 case and screen protector has protected it every time with not so much as a strach put on the device 😆

chriskwarren

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
Ugh. Drop tests on phones make me cringe every time....partly due to the pretty tech getting abused, and also partly due to the 'unscientific' nature of these tests. I guess the end result for the Youtuber is the same though...I watched the video.

Cotano

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
This is why I never ever asked for a glass phone anything besides screen. I'm not interested in chrome sides or anything like it.

Plastic rules. Glass drools.

the block

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Hmm dropping an all glass phone without a case directly on concrete. I'm shocked there's scratches and cracks :/

Take care of your phones people. This is a non story as far as I'm concerned.

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Hmm dropping an all glass phone without a case directly on concrete. I'm shocked there's scratches and cracks :/

Take care of your phones people. This is a non story as far as I'm concerned.

you say that, but if you watch the iphone 6s Plus vs s7 edge you'd be as shocked as i was. (i think) i mean, that guy dropped both phones onto concrete from 3 ft, 6ft, 10 ft & then 20 ft and they both fared REALLY well....S7 Edge's FRONT didn't even crack @10 ft!

If you remember days of S3, phones cracked from 1st drop... Phones are DEFINITELY able to withstand wayyyy more abuse these days and it surprised the hell outta me, thought it might y'all too, which is why i shared that video & the one below as well :
)

(And don't judge from the cover photo, that was after the 5th drop at 20 feet onto concrete warehouse floor)

BTC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU8S_BjByKU

Last edited:

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I hate these drop tests.
It really doesn't prove anything that anyone with common sense can figure out.
Just put a case on it with a screen protector and forget about it.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I am not shocked at all. They never said the phone would be indestructible like Droid advertises so ...

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
grrrr! y'all are soooo missing my point....my original reason for the post was to say i was SHOCKED that the Note 7 in that video fared soooo poorly because the S7 Edge (and iPhone as well) did so amazingly well in much harsher testing.... not, i repeat, NOT to "bash anyone/anything/ any phone or any video" i ain't no hater! xxx

BTC

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I am not shocked at all. They never said the phone would be indestructible like Droid advertises so ...
The Droid z force advertises shatter proof, not indestructible. The display can still be damaged, it just won't shatter

ctychick

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
The fact that it cracked easier on the back then the front makes me excited to get this phone. I've dropped my s7 several times on concrete face first and my tech 21 case and screen protector has protected it every time with not so much as a strach put on the device 😆

Which Tech 21 case did you have?

Posted via the Android Central App

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
grrrr! y'all are soooo missing my point....my original reason for the post was to say i was SHOCKED that the Note 7 in that video fared soooo poorly because the S7 Edge (and iPhone as well) did so amazingly well in much harsher testing.... not, i repeat, NOT to "bash anyone/anything/ any phone or any video" i ain't no hater! xxx

BTC

I do get your point, but your missing ours. It's a BS test. There is no consistent testing method. A few degrees of angle changes everything. Releasing it by hand alone makes the test invalid. Remember gg5 is based on 80% survival. This could have fallen into the 20%, which is a lot of cracks. Remember the rest of the drop tests he did on it were fine. Also watch the rest of the drop videos. They beat the heck out of it with a full tool box with no significant damage.

So in real use, yes it might break, but the odds of it are less than before. Add in a case and the odds of it shattering drops down very close to zero.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87