Looks like Gorilla Glass 5 scratches easily

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
They work perfectly fine together. Here is the Zagg HD Dry applied with a Spigen Liquid Crystal case.

Uggh, I had to remove the Zagg and am going naked front right now. Two reasons - it got SO oily and starting giving that rainbow shine, and the corners kept coming up with a case on. Going to give the Verizon tempered glass a shot, see what it's like. And if that's not good, might just keep it naked, since I have the Best Buy insurance anyway.

Jeff0575

Jul 19, 2016
Visit site
Uggh, I had to remove the Zagg and am going naked front right now. Two reasons - it got SO oily and starting giving that rainbow shine, and the corners kept coming up with a case on. Going to give the Verizon tempered glass a shot, see what it's like. And if that's not good, might just keep it naked, since I have the Best Buy insurance anyway.

Please let us know how that one is I am Having the same issues as you with the other Zagg screen Protector it was a waste. So need something better.

Bartone

Jul 31, 2016
Visit site
I've had the Note 7 for a few days now with no screen protector, although I do have an s-view case. It's extremely easy to remove the phone from one of these cases compared to an Otter Box if you want to show off the phone naked. Also, just keep the flap closed when the phone is in your pocket and it is virtually impossible to get scratches that way. I put the phone up against a bright light just now to see if I had any micro-scratches after heavily using the phone including the stylus on the bare screen since August 19th... Didnt notice one scratch.

Dracolan

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I have had mine since Friday afternoon. Put my S-View case on it about 2 hours after purchase with no scratches on either side, at least that i saw. I have taken it out of the case 2 times for about a total of 20 min or so to put in the SD card. When looking it over today after taking it out of the case for the second time i noticed a scratch on the back. Not sure how it got there since it has been in the case 98% of the time i have owned it :(

TJA3500

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
Jaymin Amin, Corning’s vp of technology "The hardness pick that was used in the video was a 3, that’s considerably softer than the glass material. Oftentimes when you have a softer material like that, and depending on what kind of loads you have used, you tend to see material transfer on the test substrate.

Material transfer on the test substrate is not necessarily a scratch but it can appear to the untrained eye as a pretty visible scratch. We don’t know whether or not that is what is being seen in the video. Certainly in the testing we’ve done internally, we don’t see that issue at all with similar picks on the Mohs hardness scale."

MsBlingberry

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
Pretty disappointing performance to me. Like others have said, I would much prefer more scratch resistance then drop resistance. I have broken the glass once in my life, scratch way more.

Never satisfied are we? If they had made it the other way round we'll still get a bunch of people crying foul *sips tea while admiring my scratch resistant N4*

Posted via my awesome N4

blackhemi4x4

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Good Lord, one video and everyone thinks this glass is crap.

Hiw many units are out there now and only a few that have reportedly been scratched. Theres plenty of us running naked note 7s with no issues at all.

Hell, mine is still nude, lives in my back jean pockets, gets sat on half the day, spends 2 hours a day in my trucks center console with coins, pens, and a pistol all rubbing up on it, then i get home, and my infant plays with it on laminate floors. It's abused, and still scratch free since Thursday.

I come from the glass industry. Material transfer is very common and very often mistaken as a scratch. You'd be amazed at how many people would swear a unit was scratched and be stunned when I removed it with a razor blade

kyle0k

May 7, 2013
Visit site
My wife and I both got Note 7's on Friday. Mine is still scratch free but on the other hand my wifes has a deep 1/2" scratch on her front screen thats pretty dang bad. It happened sometime Friday but we don't know when. She doesn't use a purse and I was with her all day. It didn't go anywhere near any keys or anything else. The only possible thing that happened is she puts her phone screen down (the light distracts her) and maybe at the restaurant there was some small dirt,grime,dust,sand (i dunno) that scratched it. That literally the only places it was that day outside of her jean pocket (with no keys or change). She is extremely disappointed. We have had the note 4 for 2 years and our screens have nothing more than fine scratches that you can't feel with your finger. Those are typical and expected. This scratch can easily be felt with your finger.

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I have an old Motorola phone with Gorilla Glass 3 and it has been through H3LL and back and not one scratch on the screen. I will take scratch resistance over shatter proof any day. Especially now that tempered glass screen protectors are so hard to find now that all the manufacturers are using "curved" glass. STOP USING CURVED GLASS!!!!!
I want a completely flat screen with gorilla glass 3 or 4 at the most and then I can put a 9H glass screen protector on it. That is the best solution!

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Watching this video by Erica Griffin on the V20... I'm not a fan of V20 but one thing I like in this video... LG provided a screen protector ALREADY ON with their new phone. Kudos to LG! Why can't all manufacturers do that as courtesy and if we choose to remove it ourselves and it gets scratched then no one to blame but the owner. Especially a curved screen where it's impossible to get a good aftermarket one to fit! I wish the V20 was more like 5.3" sized. :-\

also, if you watch her Note 7 review... she doesn't know how it happened but her Note 7 back glass had a scratch :-\

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDNznkTwVNg

The Phone Company

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Watching this video by Erica Griffin on the V20... I'm not a fan of V20 but one thing I like in this video... LG provided a screen protector ALREADY ON with their new phone. Kudos to LG! Why can't all manufacturers do that as courtesy and if we choose to remove it ourselves and it gets scratched then no one to blame but the owner. Especially a curved screen where it's impossible to get a good aftermarket one to fit! I wish the V20 was more like 5.3" sized. :-\

also, if you watch her Note 7 review... she doesn't know how it happened but her Note 7 back glass had a scratch :-\

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDNznkTwVNg

Is she still going? I remember watching her phone reviews which sold me on getting my first Note 2.

And yes, I am extremely worried about getting a Note 7 now. Not because of the exploding hype, but because of how easily it can get scratched apparently. Using my 2 year old Note 4 here, not a single scuff mark!

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
After watching my 14yo daughter glued to youtube vids... I have found myself recently watching more than TV lol... and just recently discovered Erica Griffen. She sounds pretty cool and the reviews I watch she covers exactly what I want to know. Like her Note 7 review so far too and looking forward to parts 2 and 3.

Kudos again to LG on the screen protector :)

Is she still going? I remember watching her phone reviews which sold me on getting my first Note 2.

And yes, I am extremely worried about getting a Note 7 now. Not because of the exploding hype, but because of how easily it can get scratched apparently. Using my 2 year old Note 4 here, not a single scuff mark!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non