Running Hot and slow charge

DoyouFanBoyBro

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Guys the charger it comes with is NOT usb C 3.0.

I bought a 3.0 charger AND cables and it's blazing fast charge.

My note does get hot thought in use. Just making a comment about the charging.

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
I love these day one complaints. Yes the phone gets hot, stutters and lags at first. It's caching and reading/writing a ton of data in the background. Check back in 3 days, minimum after things settle.

And the charging is most certainly fast. I went from 1% to 100% in 1 hr 42 minutes yesterday. That's fine by me.

So yeah, time is what you need for it to calm down and operate well going forward. But by all means, buy another brand if you like. It'll do it as well the first day or two.

my6one

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I've had my Note 7 for 2 days and it charges slow and runs hot when charging. I'm not a happy guy since I had great expectations and paid $800 for the new Note 7.

Killahhops

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Anyone finding it runs very warm to hot even after setting and syncing it?

Also find thst it doesn't fast charge with Supplied cable and USB fast charge Plug.
I don't have a Note 7... Yet (trying to sweet talk my wife into letting me use her upgrade) but my S7 edge/Note 5 did this for the first couple of days and then things settled down.

my6one

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Killahhops! I'm hopeful retaining the charge increases with time. On a separate note not to be directly related to the fast draining of the battery I spoke to the cell phone rep at Costco and he said the new edge on the Note 7 takes More battery life. Note sure if I believe this as I'm confused as why would curving glass take up more battery life than flat glass.

NormanBites

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
I still have mine and plan on sticking with the 7, this phone is just too amazing. Once the new ones are released I will of course turn it in. Until then I carefully monitor battery status and don't charge overnight or even wirelessly.

dvarapala

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Still have my N7, debating whether to keep it or refund it and buy an S7E. A lot hinges on how long it takes for the replacement N7s to become available and/or whatever other surprises Samsung and/or the CPSC have in store for us. :(

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Anyone finding it runs very warm to hot even after setting and syncing it?

Also find thst it doesn't fast charge with Supplied cable and USB fast charge Plug.
Well were under recall so maby turn off or trade in to avoid a possible more serious problem.
Its almost sublume to post heating issues durring a battery recall

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Well were under recall so maby turn off or trade in to avoid a possible more serious problem.
Its almost sublume to post heating issues durring a battery recall
The post you quoted was from the Aug 18th, the first day alot of people received their devices.... The thread was brought back up because a lot of things make since now and some called heat issues on day 1

alejovh1#AC

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I returned mine to T-Mobile cause it was way too hot even with little use and they have made a hard time then. Ok the charger it was just piping hot. I'm glad I returned it then.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
This what a bad one would exhibit, based on Samsung's report today of the cell problem- heat, low capacitance and then potentially boom!

The devices running warm and or not holding charge well are the "real" Russian roulette devices.

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
This thread is definitely creepy.... People reporting their phone is running hot while charging on day 1 and getting responses like "that's normal for new devices"....
These people had no idea that their phones were on the verge of the battery venting

alejovh1#AC

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
This thread is definitely creepy.... People reporting their phone is running hot while charging on day 1 and getting responses like "that's normal for new devices"....
These people had no idea that their phones were on the verge of the battery venting

Yep. Exactly right. Mine was just insanely hot and the tmobile rep just told me that it was normal

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
It is normal to run elevated temps at first, but I think most people have a low idea of what's "hot" on a phone. So they may have had the wrong impression by the problem descriptions. Now if someone said their phone was pushing 130-150°F, there may have been more of a response because a phone shouldn't get that hot in normal ambient temps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38