Samsung Pay Promotion (Note 7 - $20 for using)

Nygiants1991

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Since when logging into samsung pay on the note 7 they make you another account separate from the one you had on your previous phone do you think you can use your previous phones referral code to receive the five dollars on your new account ?

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Since when logging into samsung pay on the note 7 they make you another account separate from the one you had on your previous phone do you think you can use your previous phones referral code to receive the five dollars on your new account ?
Thought the $5 referrals was for first time use..... didn't you just use the new N7 to get the $20?

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I used it at Target (Bank of America debit) and still haven't received my $20 gift card. Did I do something wrong?
My wife used her's at target (BOA debit) yesterday and the gift card was loaded before she could pass the big red balls in front of the store.. She was using Samsung pay for the first time on her S7 edge she got in March.

treedabl

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
My wife used her's at target (BOA debit) yesterday and the gift card was loaded before she could pass the big red balls in front of the store.. She was using Samsung pay for the first time on her S7 edge she got in March.
That's weird. I guess I have to call them. Thanks for telling me this.

mynameisnick4

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
They all accept it
All they need is a regular card reader
Doesn't work at gas pumps though
I must be doing something wrong because I've tried to use it several places with my S6 with no luck. The only time I've ever gotten it to work was with vending machines that clearly state they take NFC payment. I haven't tried with my Note 7 yet but I don't see what difference that would make.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I must be doing something wrong because I've tried to use it several places with my S6 with no luck. The only time I've ever gotten it to work was with vending machines that clearly state they take NFC payment. I haven't tried with my Note 7 yet but I don't see what difference that would make.

I've only tried once and couldn't get it to work either. I was at a really busy store and there was a line behind me. Didn't wanna be "that guy", so I just pulled out my card. I'll try again today at a quieter location.

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Are you holding the phone over the card reader strip where you swipe?

I've even used it at Wal-Mart yesterday, with their new card readers, that want you to insert the card to read the chip...

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Are you holding the phone over the card reader strip where you swipe?

I've even used it at Wal-Mart yesterday, with their new card readers, that want you to insert the card to read the chip...

That's where I couldn't get mine to work. It's the only place I tried so far though.

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
That's where I couldn't get mine to work. It's the only place I tried so far though.
Did the reader give you an error? Ive gotten 2 errors from the Wal-Mart reader on 2 separate occasions.... But holding it there a mila second after the error brought a successful transaction.... notification of transaction immediately appears on phone to confirm...

Try self checkout if they have one

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Did the reader give you an error? Ive gotten 2 errors from the Wal-Mart reader on 2 separate occasions.... But holding it there a mila second after the error brought a successful transaction.... notification of transaction immediately appears on phone to confirm...

Try self checkout if they have one

As soon as I got the card error on Walmart's end I just pulled the phone away to use my card. I was using self checkout, but it was Friday evening and there was a really long line. Didn't wanna be a jerk, so used my card. I'm gonna try again as soon as I can go somewhere less busy this afternoon.

Do you choose debit or credit if it asks? I chose credit because I think I read on a post here that credit works better.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer