I feel like I'm taking crazy pills (Edge rant)

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
They could have called these phones the Galaxy Curve line. Although "curve" doesn't sound as sexy as "edge" in terms of marketing.

They could have simply released these phones as an aesthetic choice and I think they'd still be just as popular of phones. They really didn't need the Edge features, although I do use them for news feeds.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
They toned the edge down compared to other edge phones. To be honest.. It's called a Note 7. I could see if they called it a Note 7 Edge but they didn't.

piinkRainbowz

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Oh,I think I disagree a little here. The note edge was a high priced phone, I think the price hurt the note edge, it came at a time when people were not spending a lot of money for phones. I think a lot of people that are getting the edge phones now would look at what the note edge did and they would be saying why don't the new edge phones have those features.

Side note, I love how people say the note 7 is a knock off of the s7 edge, just has 2 curves. I feel a lot of people don't realize that the note edge was first, then the s6 edge, which was a disaster when it came to using the edge features, and then the s7 edge. so if anything the galaxy s6/7 are knockoffs of the note edge with less edge features.
Price didnt hurt it for me.

I had the note 4. Seen the note edge thought about but then realized I would get get tired of that bulky phone and looking and that ticker all day. When they came out with the s6 edge and edge plus. How it was hidden but easily accessible with a swipe. I was hoping they did the same for the note. And thankful they did.

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
Yah, I really did like the Note Edge, the edge was very functional not just for the "Cool Factor" I have the N7, replacing the NE & S7E. While I miss the functionality of the Note Edge, I do like the N7 and it's features. It has been said in this thread that the N-Edge came out during a rough time and likely did not sell as well as Samsung hoped. It was still an awesome phone. Adapt & Survive :)

Cheers
BR

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Coming from a Note Edge I will say that I already miss my Edge panel. Swear to god It's like this phone is not wide enough or something. The Edge panel is a joke but I'm stuck with this phone for at least a year.

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez