Mobile Data Issue on VZW Note 7 (using on T-Mobile)

anon(9780053)

Banned
Jan 1, 2016
Visit site
Lost mobile data usage........6 hrs........apn settings seen right unless you can sgare yours,,,,,,,,,btw shows no wap setting..........before i have to can it or return for repairs

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: No mobile data apn tmobile seems right may be dead device im lost

It shouldn't really need repairs. Have you tried a reboot and cache wipe from recovery to see if it helps it out of its funk?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Lol

worth a try;;;;;;;;;did 3 resets

Hm.. Interesting. Try removing the SIM / replacing it back in and rebooting. See if that helps. If the APN settings are right it should work. The only thing I can think of causing the issue could be a local network issue with T-Mobile but usually that isn't the case.

anon(9780053)

Banned
Jan 1, 2016
Visit site

Popped in ole sim card and all gone; 4 g stayed on when turned off wifi' but new tnmobilr gave me 2 g 4 g and 3 g but none had data when i turned wifi off then mobile data icon dropped out; samsing said device fine sim not so nor data 1 day after sim inserted'

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
My hubby had alot of issues when he took his LG G3 from Verizon to T mobile. nothing worked right and he could never receive system updates.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Popped in ole sim card and all gone; 4 g stayed on when turned off wifi' but new tnmobilr gave me 2 g 4 g and 3 g but none had data when i turned wifi off then mobile data icon dropped out; samsing said device fine sim not so nor data 1 day after sim inserted'
I'd go to T-Mobile and get a new SIM to see if that helps.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

they refused...............said will charge me 20///all bs
Complain to John Legere on Twitter... He should be able to get you a replacement sim free since this is a service issue, not just buying a new sim

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

The data worked once you initially switched and just stopped recently -- correct?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Carriers also tend to be less helpful with connectivity problems if you don't have their phone... But hopefully it is just a bad sim which is an easy fix

anon(9780053)

Banned
Jan 1, 2016
Visit site
riddle me QUICK NOTE 7 DATA DROPS EVEN SHOWING BARS

most times, when disable wifi 4g would jump ship. it would show 3 bars and no 3 g or 4glte. just ordered another sim.

i feel its in vain. I HAVE UNLOCKED DEVICE, HOW ELSE WOULD I MAKE CALLS. for the most, data drops, wifi ok but when data dies no mms ability. yes you are and i are stumped. wont admit it but WAS or is vzw device, but tmobile sim service. say it. i can take it. it is unlocked period.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: riddle me QUICK NOTE 7 DATA DROPS EVEN SHOWING BARS

most times, when disable wifi 4g would jump ship. it would show 3 bars and no 3 g or 4glte. just ordered another sim.

i feel its in vain. I HAVE UNLOCKED DEVICE, HOW ELSE WOULD I MAKE CALLS. for the most, data drops, wifi ok but when data dies no mms ability. yes you are and i are stumped. wont admit it but WAS or is vzw device, but tmobile sim service. say it. i can take it. it is unlocked period.

That just meant you had cell signal for calls but no data. I have to agree something wonky is going on since the VZW Note is capable of working on T-Mobile.

Hopefully the new SIM will fix it for you.

mfldmike

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Because even though all Verizon phones are factory unlocked...the Verizon firmware locks the LTE bands for use on AT&T and T-Mobile.

Just install the carrier firmware using Odin and you're good to go. Should be AP, CSC, .pit, and a couple more I'm missing. Don't have to mess with root or even APN settings once you install your carrier firmware. Then things like VVM work ;)

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Aren't you still within the return time frame for Verizon? It might be best to return it to. Verizon, get your money back and buy the T-Mobile version.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Because even though all Verizon phones are factory unlocked...the Verizon firmware locks the LTE bands for use on AT&T and T-Mobile.

Just install the carrier firmware using Odin and you're good to go. Should be AP, CSC, .pit, and a couple more I'm missing. Don't have to mess with root or even APN settings once you install your carrier firmware. Then things like VVM work ;)
It doesn't do this. It's unlocked and will work with any SIM. That's what it means by being unlocked. You're describing a locked phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress