Curious about "enhanced" caller id

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
(migrating from note 5 to note 7)
On the note 5 caller i.d would show state or country if caller was not in my my address book.

on the note 7 i've actually noticed that it shows business names. Even if they are not saved in my phone.
Is that a note 7 feature? or a Sprint feature?

soulsmilen

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
On the note 5 caller i.d would show state or country if caller was not in my my address book.

on the note 7 i've actually noticed that it shows business names. Even if they are not saved in my phone.
On AT&T it's an app called Caller Name ID, and there is a monthly charge for it. It's likely the same for other carriers.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
T-mobile does the same thing, it's a free trial basically. Then x dollars a month if you want to continue. They get 3 bucks a month out of me for the Voicemail to text feature that was a free trial lol

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
THANKS ALL FOR REPLIES. I WILL HAVE TO CHECK WITH SPRINT MAKE SURE IM NOT BEING CHARGED.

BTW: didnt there used to be a thank button in the forums?

LdotAdot13

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site

True caller id is an app that Samsung integrated into the new phones( I believe it started with S6/note 5). Most carriers disabled it because they have vtheir own caller id apps that charge a monthly fee. You can download it in the Google play store.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
THANKS ALL FOR REPLIES. I WILL HAVE TO CHECK WITH SPRINT MAKE SURE IM NOT BEING CHARGED.

BTW: didnt there used to be a thank button in the forums?

It's not on the web forum anymore but it still is an option in the mobile app. I don't think users get notified of 'thanks' they get though.

soulsmilen

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
It's not on the web forum anymore but it still is an option in the mobile app. I don't think users get notified of 'thanks' they get though.

::scratching my head::
Is that backwards? I can Thank somebody on the desktop version, but not on the mobile web version, nor the AC Forums app. Please correct me and let me know how to do it if I am missing something.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
::scratching my head::
Is that backwards? I can Thank somebody on the desktop version, but not on the mobile web version, nor the AC Forums app. Please correct me and let me know how to do it if I am missing something.

I am on the Web now using Chrome on a PC, and I have options to reply, quote, multi quote, and like. No thanks option that I can see.

I use the AC full mobile app on my Note, not the forum only app, and in there I have the Thank option as well as like and quote.

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I am with Sprint too. Have noticed the same thing. I would be interested in hearing what you find out.
Spoke with sprint.its actually a paid servive 2.99 a month. Bbut i was somehow enrolled into a trial when i activated my note 7. But it'll automaticallu discontinue after trial is over. Think she said 14 days

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Just install Hiya. It's free and actually is what T-Mobile charges for (Hiya is the backend for T-Mo's paid caller ID service). It's pretty shady that they charge for something that's totally free, but here we are. I disabled my T-Mo app and just use Hiya (formerly Whitepages). Works perfectly.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall