Carrier Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

UP2NoGooD

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Seems to be final solution to everyone that wants to keep the N7 either use USB to PC/Laptop or wireless charger. No risks and no worries.

Although this sucks for all of us users as the Note series is tarnished I'm still sticking with this phone.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I might try that. I have been using a wireless Tylt Qi charger at night. It charges kind of slow but the phone doesn't even get warm on it. It stays cool.
Ditto. Mine got warm the first day due to lots of activity setting it up. Afterward it was still a bit warm so I turned off fast charging to be safe. While I had fast charging on it charged up amazingly fast on mine.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
It's good they're recognizing this issue.

But the amount of phones that will need to be replaced , how timely of a manner will everything be resolved ? What else might leave the factory with a different issue ?

I don't want to sit and wait , wasting my upgrade on a device this expensive to gamble on what if's.

My htc 10 worked flawlessly. My Nexus 6p worked flawlessly.

I'm not gonna sit and wait for the small chance this thing blows up on me. It's not worth the risk and who knows how long it'll take until they get replacements sent out.
They are talking about two weeks. The battery cell is the issue. Very simple, new batteries. They went over the phones completely.

Recalls don't get to be done just however. Government of all countries involved decides a lot.

wase4711

May 1, 2010
Visit site
no one is forcing you to return your phone; but it would be stupid to keep it, in the outside chance you had an issue with yours down the road..you wanna take that chance, when you can get a new one without any hassle?

and, for those asking how and what about the recall, once again, it just happened a few hours ago...stop asking the same silly questions about how long it will take, and what should I do; when YOUR carrier decides how they are handling it, I am sure you will know...

Ludatyk

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
I heard Sprint will give you a loaner. Not sure of the others.

This is what bugs me the most about this whole situation.

There needs to be one voice... and that voice should come from Samsung. It needs a statement attached to it with instructions... but carriers are all scattered and not working with one voice.

I just think it would be easier for customers that Samsung comes forth with instruction.. they are the one that's going to be eating the cost. I just don't understand carriers... in the end they will get their monthly payments from us. I prefer them staying out of it.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

There needs to be one voice... and that voice should come from Samsung. It needs a statement attached to it with instructions... but carriers are all scattered and not working with one voice.

I just think it would be easier for customers that Samsung comes forth with instruction.. they are the one that's going to be eating the cost. I just don't understand carriers... in the end they will get their monthly payments from us. I prefer them staying out of it.

Samsung did make a statement here: https://news.samsung.com/global/statement-on-galaxy-note7

Infamousx14

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
this is from the AT&T Website

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Email

Samsung has notified us that they have identified a battery cell issue in certain Galaxy Note7s. They have asked all retailers, including AT&T, to stop selling the device. We are in the process of determining the exchange process for our customers and how they can replace their current Note7 as quickly as possible. We will have more information later today.

more like "we are trying to come up with exchange process that will screw our customers."

jshah500

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
no one is forcing you to return your phone; but it would be stupid to keep it, in the outside chance you had an issue with yours down the road..you wanna take that chance, when you can get a new one without any hassle?

and, for those asking how and what about the recall, once again, it just happened a few hours ago...stop asking the same silly questions about how long it will take, and what should I do; when YOUR carrier decides how they are handling it, I am sure you will know...

Have you even read the posts? I'm fairly certain no where is saying they're going to keep their current note7's forever. We're just asking about keeping them until the new batch of note7's arrive in order to do a clean swap. No loners.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

Yeah but carriers have to bear some of this as well because they have to take care of the customers and distant return and exchange policies. And carriers can choose how they want to handle it. Samsung can't tell the carriers what to do so it doesn't make sense for them to communicate a plan they don't control. They have to go to the carriers because that's where they sell the most devices and have them handle the customers. Now of course people that ordered directly from Samsung have to deal with them directly but I don't expect a uniform policy to come from Samsung. They're just going to work with the carriers to get devices off the shelves and new ones in.

Ludatyk

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site

I'm aware of the statement.

But the instructions are vague... only that they will voluntarily replace the Note7. Carriers released their statement as well... with some offering refunds or a loner until the Note7 is resolved. Then theirs the retailers such as Target or Best Buy, who has said much or I haven't seen it.

I know when I first got the Note7... I received an email immediately congratulating me on it along with a coupon to buy accessories for it. I think giving customers clear instruction on how to proceed going forward will be better. Carriers can just defer to Samsung in this matter... IMO.

Ronald Andrews

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I just got off the phone with T-Mobile I was told since i am on JOD I should wait to exchange the phone if I do it not it would count as a Jump they are working out the logistics so JOD customers can exchange there phone and it won't could as a Jump.I should hear back from them by Tuesday of next week.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm aware of the statement.

But the instructions are vague... only that they will voluntarily replace the Note7. Carriers released their statement as well... with some offering refunds or a loner until the Note7 is resolved. Then theirs the retailers such as Target or Best Buy, who has said much or I haven't seen it.

I know when I first got the Note7... I received an email immediately congratulating me on it along with a coupon to buy accessories for it. I think giving customers clear instruction on how to proceed going forward will be better. Carriers can just defer to Samsung in this matter... IMO.

The carriers are the ones you ordered the phone from. They are the ones who distant the return policy for you. They are the ones you paid for the device. They will not defer to Samsung for returning and exchanging devices. Too many carriers for Samsung to try to craft a strategy for all. Each carrier is and should set up their own process. When your call gets recalled, you don't call your car manufacturer. They send out the recall notice but you go to the dealer who sold you the car to get it fixed and they handle how it will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.