Samsung UK Hacked??

Del1701

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I received this email from Samsung last night which states that a third party app that Samsung used was hacked and customers personal details were taken has anyone else received this email? Or is this a scam? I'll paste it in for all to read.

(Dear Valued Customer,

At Samsung Electronics (UK) Limited, security is a top priority. We are emailing you to inform you that we recently discovered a cybersecurity incident that affected some of your personal information.

What happened?
On 13 November 2023, it was determined that an unauthorised individual exploited a vulnerability in a third-party business application we use, and that some personal information of certain customers who made purchases on SEUK’s eCommerce site between July 1, 2019 and June 30, 2020, was affected.

What information was involved?
Based on our investigation, we have identified that the affected data may have included your name, phone number, address and email address. We want to assure you that the issue did not impact your password or financial information.

What have we done about the incident?
Upon learning of the incident, we immediately suspended operation of the affected application, launched a forensic review into the root cause of the incident and recovered potentially compromised data. We implemented additional technical measures, such as applying vulnerability patches to prevent the incident spreading to other systems. We have notified the UK Information Commissioner’s Office about this incident.

What you can do?
There is no immediate action necessary for you to take. However, we recommend that you:

· Remain cautious of any unsolicited communications that ask for your personal information or refer you to a web page asking for personal information;
· Avoid clicking on links or downloading attachments from suspicious emails; and
· Read the UK National Cyber Security Centre’s guidance which contains additional information on how you can spot suspicious messages and protect yourself following a cyber incident.

For more information?
If you have any questions about this notice, please feel free to contact us using the email address shown below.

Samsung Electronics (UK) Limited
support@samsunguk.zendesk.com Samsung Electronics (UK) Ltd. is a limited company registered in England and Wales, registered under number 03086621, and registered address is Samsung House, 2000 Hillswood Drive, Chertsey, Surrey, KT16 0RS, UK.)

Del1701

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I've been looking online on and off all day for this in the news, and not much is being said about it so far so I'm guessing that it hasn't affected that many customers.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000