Thinking of Switching to Oneplus 3

ILowry82

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I absolutely love my note 7 however I've been doing some research and the OP3 also looks amazing. I don't use the S pen all that much. I think about the price difference between the two phones and I keep getting drawn to the OP3. Anyone else make the switch or feel the same way? Other than the S pen, what's the point in spending twice as much just for an s pen?

reintgenrc

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
I absolutely love my note 7 however I've been doing some research and the OP3 also looks amazing. I don't use the S pen all that much. I think about the price difference between the two phones and I keep getting drawn to the OP3. Anyone else make the switch or feel the same way? Other than the S pen, what's the point in spending twice as much just for an s pen?
Yep, you said it. Pretty much most of what's currently offered in the market is fair game. Even that new midrange Honor 8 makes a compelling buy. However, I am wooed by Samsung's aesthetics, the Note 7's beautiful screen, and the water-resistant tech. I think a lot of consumers would be jumping ship at this point had Samsung not made such a groundbreaking phone. Let's face it, they are light-years ahead of Apple.

Poppy59

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, what with the recall and everything, I've been looking at this phone too, I've decided that the note 7 is going back today for a refund and I'll probably order the OP3!

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Well the spen is a very extensive tool, not just a stylus. For people that don't use the spen, the Note for a large screen, is no longer necessary.

That said, if you are used to Samsung phones, there is going to be adjustments for people going to other phones, concerning the display. If anyone is used to Samsung phones and goes to another, my suggestion is this..

Don't spend money on any accessories that can't be returned, keep all your boxes, paperwork, etc, be mindful of your return time, know if you want to switch to switch back you will likely pay a restocking fee.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
If you are into the $400 range phone, don't forget about the ZTE Axon 7, you'll feel more in tune with its Amoled Quad HD screen just like in the Note 7, unrivaled front speakers and DAC so the sound via Headphones is out of this world.

I'm in love with this phone, the battery has been even better and consistent than my S7 edge so that's something. Only thing the OnePlus 3 had an advantage as of this moment is camera and the Axon 7 has a very good 20mp sensor (some say is a Samsung Sensor) but still need some adjustments in the post processing, but ZTE confirmed that is working on it for the next update.

Great, great phone with a great build and second to none specs and 2 years Passport 2.0 warranty program that includes cracked screens and even water damage.

wirelessgal

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site

If you don't use the S Pen that much, the S7 Edge is another excellent choice. I love my S7E. But if you don't like the more curved screen on the S7E, the OP3 is a great device at half of the price. The only thing to consider is waiting to get the phone. There are still lots of people who have placed their order about a month ago and are still waiting for their phones. I ordered one not too long ago so I don't expect to get it this month. Someone else posted the ZTE AXON 7. That's another phone to consider. You get more bang for your buck. I thought about getting that phone but it's a bit too heavy for me. Also, with the Axon 7, you get a 2 yr warranty with it and it comes with a tpu case and screen protector. They're cheap but you can use it right away until you find a better case and screen protector if you choose to.

That being said, I will always use a Samsung as my daily driver. I'm very happy with my S7 Edge. I'm just getting the OP3 as a backup family phone. Plus the Oxygen OS looks pretty cool.

ILowry82

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
My thought is that the OP3 will feel fresher longer. With 6gb of ram it will run smooth for years. If I don't get the nougat update in a timely manner I can just flash a nougat based Rom right?

ILowry82

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
That's like going from Blake Lively to Mama June. Enjoy your downgrade.

In day to day use, taking out the S Pen, how is that a significant downgrade? The note 7 is better but that much better? I'm thinking Blake Lively to Emma Watson is a better comparison

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
It's not a downgrade. I think if you can live without the S-pen... then the two phones at the top of my list were ZTE Axom 7 and One Plus 3. Take out the S-Pen you have a S7 Edge... Against an S7E imo it is not $350 better than either of those $400 phones.

In day to day use, taking out the S Pen, how is that a significant downgrade? The note 7 is better but that much better? I'm thinking Blake Lively to Emma Watson is a better comparison

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
It's not a downgrade. I think if you can live without the S-pen... then the two phones at the top of my list were ZTE Axom 7 and One Plus 3. Take out the S-Pen you have a S7 Edge... Against an S7E imo it is not $350 better than either of those $400 phones.

I have an S7 edge but I always have a second phone and I always switch between the 2 weekly, after the Axon 7 was ready for pre-order I gave my HTC 10 to my niece, she is under my family plan, as great as my S7 edge is I've always been switching and switching so I always feel with a fresh phone, until now, I received my Quartz Grey Axon 7 on 8/17 and this phone is so good that first I don't know how they can sell it for $399 (it was $340 for me after I sold the Monster DJ headphone I got from Newegg with the order) and second I haven't even touch my S7 edge again.

So, yes, Note 7 can be great and the S Pen makes it even more unique, but no, without the S Pen it doesn't worth $450 and if I've had the Axon 7 first I wouldn't have bought the S7 edge for $350 more.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo