Note 7 Owners club

Status
Not open for further replies.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
The U.S. will probably be the last country to get replacements now that the U.S Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) is involved, they will want to do a bunch of testing to verify that all safety issues have been addressed. I'd wouldn't be surprised if we don't get them until October some time.

So is that any reason to get alarmed about.
YOu are just assuming.
You have NO IDEA when they might release the phones.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
The U.S. will probably be the last country to get replacements now that the U.S Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) is involved, they will want to do a bunch of testing to verify that all safety issues have been addressed. I'd wouldn't be surprised if we don't get them until October some time.
It kinda stinks to wait longer IF we have to, but I'd rather be sure they're safe than go through this again in a month if something goes wrong.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I know they are giving loaner phones.
But i dont know why they should.
I've had recalls on automobile.
I had to get a loaner car if I wanted something to drive.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
And how did you come to that conclusion. Samsung is worth 300 billion dollars.
I didn't mean their whole company is toast but no one will buy the note 7 this year and Thier preorders for their next couple of phones will be verrry weak......
And 25billion of that 300 was wiped out from this incident alone...don't let that number fool you

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
So is that any reason to get alarmed about.
YOu are just assuming.
You have NO IDEA when they might release the phones.

Did I ever seem alarmed?
I was very clear when I said " I'd wouldn't be surprised if we don't get them until October some time."
Your right I have no idea just as you do not

Just seems that now that the CPSC, which is part of the gov, is now involved that it may slow things down. Did you read this article Samsung Rushes to Contain Fallout From Galaxy Note 7 Recall - WSJ Did you notice that they stated "Samsung plans to begin its exchange program in Singapore on Friday. Consumers will be allowed to return their phones through retailers, carriers and shops, and receive new devices. The company intends to expand the program to Australia, Mexico, South Korea, Taiwan and the United Arab Emirates later this month."

Yet the only mention of the U.S. was "She said in markets such as the U.S. and Canada, replacement phones would be provided after an investigation by safety regulators in those countries. Samsung doesn’t have control over the timeline, she added." Clearly there is no time table for the U.S. yet and if the other other countries are later this month then that would lead one to believe that the U.S. would be October or later.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
My Samsung phone is recalled and both my big flat screen samsung tvs have been repaired under warrenty hummmmmm

Rosesrread1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
I sincerely hope this is correct. I just spoke with a Samsung at the #given on Samsung site. Some with Not the usual person without a clue and no information. I gave her my imei, name, email, state, and carrier. Avery checking She assured me the note 7s will be in Verizon stores next wk. I kept asking her to repeat, are you certain , is this definitely fact, NEXT WEEK? The answer was yes. So keep calling your carriers next wk. I don't anything will be said before they're actually in and ready for exchange. Keeping my fingers crossed...

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I sincerely hope this is correct. I just spoke with a Samsung at the #given on Samsung site. Some with Not the usual person without a clue and no information. I gave her my imei, name, email, state, and carrier. Avery checking She assured me the note 7s will be in Verizon stores next wk. I kept asking her to repeat, are you certain , is this definitely fact, NEXT WEEK? The answer was yes. So keep calling your carriers next wk. I don't anything will be said before they're actually in and ready for exchange. Keeping my fingers crossed...

You are singing music to my Ears. Hehe.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Well just came home from walking into an AT&T store, then 3 seconds later walking out. ALL AT&T computer systems from every store are down. And get this, my mom just informed me that they have been down since YESTERDAY. I'll try again later this afternoon.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
In the stores waiting for the government to ok the release

bettyn100

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
I went in att at 1030 this morning to trade my note 7 for the "loaner" s7 edge and walked out at 1230. The servers kept crashing.

I only traded because I didn't want to risk my house burning down. Otherwise my phone had been doing great. I was assured I could trade it for the note 7 when/if it comes out again. I already miss it.
Well just came home from walking into an AT&T store, then 3 seconds later walking out. ALL AT&T computer systems from every store are down. And get this, my mom just informed me that they have been down since YESTERDAY. I'll try again later this afternoon.

heatdissipation

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
The note 7 was the phone that was making me switch from IOS to android, I was so excited, and could have switched yesterday, but now I am not sure what to do, I don't want the S7, but my impatience is one of my weakest traits. I'm going to try to wait this out and get the note 7, hopefully it won't be too long

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
The note 7 was the phone that was making me switch from IOS to android, I was so excited, and could have switched yesterday, but now I am not sure what to do, I don't want the S7, but my impatience is one of my weakest traits. I'm going to try to wait this out and get the note 7, hopefully it won't be too long
Same story with me, was board with iOS and did not like losing the headphone jack on the iPhone 7. So i decided to switch to Android, talked to a lot of folks with Android devices. Read many reviews on line, joined this Forum and others to try and immerse myself in the culture (i had been iOS for a long time).

After a lot of internal debate and research i decided on the note series of phones (really liked my old Palm Pilot stylus back in the day) and i pre-ordered the Note 7.

Well call me stubborn (my wife does lol) i am 100% in, come heck or high water i am sticking with my choice.
Note 7 for the world!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89