Note 7 Owners club

Status
Not open for further replies.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Even though I dont have the phone any more? I have since had the s7 edge then the new note 7

Not really sure about that one. The IMEI should be on your terms of purchase and you can get the MAC address off your current phone. Wouldn't hurt to try. Once you have the info it only takes a few minutes to submit it. All they could do is say no.

shaleem

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Even though I dont have the phone any more? I have since had the s7 edge then the new note 7
I think they'll still give it to you. Also, if you explain that you had to turn your Note 7 in because of the recall, they may just allow you to take advantage of the promotion. I do not know that for sure, but I'm thinking they just might. It is good business.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi Kids... just got some battery specs to add with the replacement phone. I took it off the charger Monday night at 11:30 PM at 100% charge and put it on the kitchen table, woke up to 96% in the morning as I did with the old Note 7 (I think I reported this already). However, this time, I decided I would just run it down and see how long it would run until I was afraid to let it die. Last night at 11:30 PM, it was at 31% when I noticed the AT&T software update (green battery icon, etc) so I stayed up and let that run. That dropped it to 21% at 12:10 AM when I went to bed. When I got up at 7:30 AM, it was at 16% so I threw it on the wireless fast charger - at 9:45 AM, it was back at 100% and ready for another run. I think, especially including the software update, that was pretty darned good! I am HAPPY! 32 hours of me screwing around with my new phone used 84% of the battery including that software update! :)

frope01

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm back in stride again. So glad to have my Note 7 back. The temporary S7 Active was a very good phone, just not for me. The AT&T store salespeople did a fine job and gave me 0 hassle. It was AT&T who made a simple exchange a THREE hour process. In the end though I walked away with my Note in the case I saved from the first purchase. Happy.
(N7OC)

Rosesrread1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
I just finished a long post and realized I wasnt signed in. I'll start again.! Was so tired after being up all night setting it up my eyes are crossing. Yes, I got there barefoot and no, I'm not a bag lady. Just a barefoot kind 'a girl.. made them laugh though! & Came home with my beautiful silver note. Seems Battery life is better. I'm looking to see if any changes have been made. Maybe one so far. the battery download showed up almost immediately. Cute little critter..like a badge of courage under fire♨ Today a lot of apps were updated again. One was Samsung notes. Thought they might have brought back the link to action memo but not yet. It's great not having the battery issue in the back if my mind I never did stop using mine. But really, what a relief it's over. Next mission is searching for a screen protector that stays on. If anyone know of one - PLEASE!!!!! I'm going back to playing, will see if I can find anything I haven't that's different. And I'll meet you same place, ??? time tonight😊

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Note 7 ...promotion ends tomorrow if you brought the phone between 8/3 and 8/31 you have til September 21st to submit for either a 256gb sd card or a gear fit 2
...They should of extended the redemption period though because a lot of people who PreOrdered never even got their phone especially the ones that ordered directly from Samsung
I'm So glad i saw your post. I just submitted mine as today is the 21st. I hope i get approved.

twmanga1

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Phone swapped this morning. Went to the "Largest Verizon Store in the US" (Chicago, IL) right at opening (10 am). In & out in about a half a hour. Everybody knew what to do, wasn't charged any fees, pleasant sales associates, wasn't crowded. Why can't other Corporate stores be like this one (I know this is a showcase store, but still...). I no longer have a "Grenade". Drama now over, I can use my Fast Wireless Charger again without worry.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I was to the understanding to not let your battery go be low 30% if you could help it.

Hmmm... O.K., so here's what I dug up and you're right!

"To get the most out of a lithium-ion battery, you should try to keep it north of 50 percent as much as possible. For the most part, going from all the way full to all the way empty won't help; in fact, it'll do a little damage if you do it too often. That said, it's smart to do one full discharge about once a month for "calibration," but don't do it all the time. Running the whole gamut on a regular basis won't make your battery explode or anything, but it will shorten its lifespan."

...so there's my "once this month" from very low to full! :) Thanks for pointing that out though!

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
Phone swapped this morning. Went to the "Largest Verizon Store in the US" (Chicago, IL) right at opening (10 am). In & out in about a half a hour. Everybody knew what to do, wasn't charged any fees, pleasant sales associates, wasn't crowded. Why can't other Corporate stores be like this one (I know this is a showcase store, but still...). I no longer have a "Grenade". Drama now over, I can use my Fast Wireless Charger again without worry.
what all did you return, did you keep any of the accessories .

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Got my replacement Note 7 today around 5pm. Very happy with the Blue Coral this time around-had black initially.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
It seems like a lot of people are just learning about it as some phones became available.
Hard to believe the word at different places are a little confused.

But its a great experience to get our hands on new Note 7's.
Well worth the wait.

Know waiting is a pain in the ***.
And worrysome.
But if this is the worst thing that happens in your life.
It ain't that bad.
Even though it will keep you up at nite worrying about it.

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
It seems like a lot of people are just learning about it as some phones became available.
Hard to believe the word at different places are a little confused.

But its a great experience to get our hands on new Note 7's.
Well worth the wait.

Know waiting is a pain in the ***.
And worrysome.
But if this is the worst thing that happens in your life.
It ain't that bad.
Even though it will keep you up at nite worrying about it.

Got mine (replacement) earlier . The guy took my phone and made sure I took my accessories, including the sPen, and then just handed me a phone in a new box! Ended up grabbing a black one, loved my silver, but there were too many people there that seemed to care too much about their color, I ended up giving mine up as quantities of silver were really limited, and there was a guy there who wasn't going to get his replaced....the black is pretty enough for me and bey.. I'll have a silver sPen to remember it by!

Also ended up picking up a replacement for my wife's aging Gs5, she got an S7 and hasn't out it down since I gave it to her.

Glad my store wasn't shy about doing replacements prior to the 21st...I had a flight today and had 0 problems once I showed the TSA guy I had the little green icon (took my replacement receipt too just in case). Heard a couple of horror stories about stores in Atlanta selling phones instead of exchanging them...and some outright refusing to exchange phones and sending people packing back to Best Buy or Samsung....Guess I have a really good corporate store!

Z

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Same here, love the blue. I never saw the blue in person before today. Would have gotten that to begin with had I.

My old note 7 was silver titanium.
I had wanted the Blue so on the replacement I preordered the Blue.
When she opened the box and laid the blue down by the Silver titanium.
I said Dang, I didn't realize the titanium was such a nice looking phone next to the Blue.
I'm gonna miss my old silver phone.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Got mine (replacement) earlier . The guy took my phone and made sure I took my accessories, including the sPen, and then just handed me a phone in a new box! Ended up grabbing a black one, loved my silver, but there were too many people there that seemed to care too much about their color, I ended up giving mine up as quantities of silver were really limited, and there was a guy there who wasn't going to get his replaced....the black is pretty enough for me and bey.. I'll have a silver sPen to remember it by!

Also ended up picking up a replacement for my wife's aging Gs5, she got an S7 and hasn't out it down since I gave it to her.

Glad my store wasn't shy about doing replacements prior to the 21st...I had a flight today and had 0 problems once I showed the TSA guy I had the little green icon (took my replacement receipt too just in case). Heard a couple of horror stories about stores in Atlanta selling phones instead of exchanging them...and some outright refusing to exchange phones and sending people packing back to Best Buy or Samsung....Guess I have a really good corporate store!

Z

How would we ever make it in the world without a smartphone.
it controls everything we do.

Status
Not open for further replies.