Every few seconds, my screen flashes off and on quickly. If I'm watching a video, it pauses it after the flash. Additionally, I have lost all of my email setup and widgets after turning off max power saving mode twice now

Anyone else seeing these issues?
    09-10-2016 01:01 PM
    Just checking, you're aware there is a global (sans China) recall and that everyone has been advised to turn the phone off and return it, right?
    09-10-2016 01:09 PM
    Well, the Note7 recall is on, so I would highly suggest you get it replaced.

Honestly, you should be replacing it anyhow as per recall instructions.
    09-10-2016 01:11 PM
    Ya I'm fairly up to speed. I've been trying to call my local AT&T store to find out if they've got loaners, but the phones have been completely tied up. I'm hoping to just get another Note whenever they are re-released. I really like it other than the issues I mentioned.
    09-10-2016 01:11 PM
    Every few seconds, my screen flashes off and on quickly. If I'm watching a video, it pauses it after the flash. Additionally, I have lost all of my email setup and widgets after turning off max power saving mode twice now

Anyone else seeing these issues?
    Can't say I've seen either of those issues. What app where you watching the video in? Have you watched video in other apps and had the same problem?
    Are the videos stored on your phone, an sd card, being streamed? How about your e-mail and widgets (where are they stored - internal memory or sd card)? Are you using a theme other than one of the Samsung ones? Are you seeing it when changing from mid power saving mode, or only max? Are you using your e-mail when in max power saving mode?
    09-10-2016 01:15 PM
    Can't say I've seen either of those issues. What app where you watching the video in? Have you watched video in other apps and had the same problem?
    Are the videos stored on your phone, an sd card, being streamed? How about your e-mail and widgets (where are they stored - internal memory or sd card)? Are you using a theme other than one of the Samsung ones? Are you seeing it when changing from mid power saving mode, or only max? Are you using your e-mail when in max power saving mode?
    The flash causes any video to pause, FB and Youtube. The flash happens regardless of what app I'm using. Email and Widgets are currently being stored to the device. Only using Samsung Themes. Only lose email when leaving max, and once I noticed it missing after sleeping one night. Thought maybe it auto updated and lost it. And no using email when in max saving. Didn't even think you could access it?
    09-10-2016 01:23 PM
    The screen flashing thing reminds me of a bug that used to exist on Samsung phones when the hardware overlay settings in dev options were toggled. Do you have dev options unlocked?
    09-10-2016 01:29 PM
    The screen flashing thing reminds me of a bug that used to exist on Samsung phones when the hardware overlay settings in dev options were toggled. Do you have dev options unlocked?
    No, I really haven't messed with anything. I recently swapped out my beloved old HTC M8 for this because it was starting to have a lot of issues.
    09-10-2016 01:38 PM
    That's weird.

Haven't encountered any flashes when I used mine.

Any apps with funny permissions you've got?
    09-10-2016 01:40 PM