ODIN MODE

DasWindows

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
So i'm not sure what happened last night, but my note 7 did go into ODIN MODE last night. I was able to get out of it, but it was definitely the final straw to make me return my note 7 for a S7E while i wait for the new note 7.

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I returned it and got the S7E. I'm not going to wait for the replacement. I'm just going to stick it out until the new S8 or Note 8 and see how that one turns out.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Odin mode?

It's like booting into recovery mode for Samsung devices. If you're family with installing custom Roms then that should make sense to you. But you can do other things in there besides install Roms. You can wipe the device, clear cache, even wipe the OS and brick your phone if you don't know what you're doing lol.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
To install the Mjolnir Mode??

So when all the Note 7's have been replaced, they can enable the Mjolnir Mode and...

DROP THE HAMMER on all the defective models! LOL.

Is Odin mode a real things?

It's like booting into recovery mode for Samsung devices. If you're family with installing custom Roms then that should make sense to you. But you can do other things in there besides install Roms. You can wipe the device, clear cache, even wipe the OS and brick your phone if you don't know what you're doing lol.

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site

Yeah I know what it is, just didn't know it had a special name on Samsung devices. On my old phone I always just called it recovery mode.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I know what it is, just didn't know it had a special name on Samsung devices. On my old phone I always just called it recovery mode.

Yeah I saw in your other thread (I responded by the way) that the note was your first Samsung device. Samsung always trying to do something different lol. Been making their devices a pain of root and unlock the bootloader for years lol.