10-02-2016 05:56 AM
605 ... 2021222324 ...
tools
    Has anyone seen this?

Samsungโ€™s latest Note 7 battery fix violates Android compatibility docs [Updated] | Ars Technica

And yes, I know the bottom answers it self.. but just wanted to share... for those of you whom like to indulge.
    09-21-2016 09:05 PM
    For those who got replacements through verizon..did it come UPS or fedex? Mine has shipped UPS but normally all verizon packages come fedex.
    09-21-2016 09:33 PM
    For those who got replacements through verizon..did it come UPS or fedex? Mine has shipped UPS but normally all verizon packages come fedex.
    Mine was FedEx... got it this morning (verizon)
    09-21-2016 09:47 PM
    Mine was FedEx... got it this morning (verizon)
    Hmm..wondering why mine is coming UPS. I have never received anything via UPS from them.
    09-21-2016 09:51 PM
    Got my best buy replacement. I got black. It is actually more beautiful and feels faster. It's perfect.

Oddly, the camera looks a bit sharper, the S health app looks newer, and it feels a tad heavier.
    09-21-2016 11:47 PM
    To help keep the clutter down I'm going to make a thread where people can post when they got their replacement. Try and include the following.

Carrier?
    Store or via mail?
    Any difference in the boxes?
    Location? (city / state)

Thanks!
    Verizon
    Store (Corporate)
    No noticeable differences with the box
    SF Bay Area (East Bay area)

9/7 build date. The process was fairly simple. I kept browsing various forums to see if anyone had received their replacement as early as yesterday, and I was able to get mine this late afternoon/evening (9/21). I just kept checking in with my local corporate store where I had purchased my N7 originally.

They were pretty good with service and allowed me to have a S7 Edge temporarily while the N7's arrived (I had the S7 Edge since 9/10, and had my first N7 from 8/19). And I was able to keep the earbuds both times, so now I have 3.
    09-21-2016 11:57 PM
    T-Mobile
    Store
    Brand new box, no difference from the original box I got, from what I could tell anyway
    Murray, Utah

I had to call around to a few stores this afternoon to find stock, as they told me that most stores had lines of people waiting for them when they opened. The stores that did have stock only had the blue coral model, which I was okay exchanging my onyx model for. A few people who came in the store after me were upset when this store, too, ran out of stock.

My exchange process went very smoothly and I got my new phone in a few minutes. The guy who got there right before me wasn't as lucky and the rep had to call corporate several times to get his exchange to go through.

I wanted to use the smart Smart Switch adapter to move everything from my old phone to the new but the store rep told me that they weren't allowed to let anyone do that do that in store because of the potential hazard. Luckily I had an SD card and had everything backed up.

Overall I'm happy with my new phone and the exchange process.

Carrier?
    Store or via mail?
    Location? (city / state)
    09-22-2016 12:54 AM
    T-Mobile
    Store
    Brand new box, no difference from the original box I got, from what I could tell anyway
    Murray, Utah

I had to call around to a few stores this afternoon to find stock, as they told me that most stores had lines of people waiting for them when they opened. The stores that did have stock only had the blue coral model, which I was okay exchanging my onyx model for. A few people who came in the store after me were upset when this store, too, ran out of stock.

My exchange process went very smoothly and I got my new phone in a few minutes. The guy who got there right before me wasn't as lucky and the rep had to call corporate several times to get his exchange to go through.

I wanted to use the smart Smart Switch adapter to move everything from my old phone to the new but the store rep told me that they weren't allowed to let anyone do that do that in store because of the potential hazard. Luckily I had an SD card and had everything backed up.

Overall I'm happy with my new phone and the exchange process.
    Tmo
    Tmo Corporate Store
    Brand New Box - same official Samsung/Tmo box, except for the black square on the white label.
    Eatontown, New Jersey - Central

Went there still using my original silver Note 7. Wait time was about 20 mins. Actual time to process exchange about 5 minutes. This was a pure exchange with an original receipt, so it went fast and smooth. I was hoping for another silver but only the blue was available (which was my first choice anyway during the original launch date). Associates in this store were really, really helpful and knew what they were doing. The associate offered to transfer the files, but I refused (to save time) as I could do it myself in my home PC. He even replaced and installed my Zagg film full body protector on his own without me asking him.
    2 other guys were having problems with their returns as they previously returned their original Note 7s at an earlier time and were given loaners. For some reason the Note 7s that they returned and the loaners were still showing on their EIPs. The associate helping them have to contact customer care to have those remove and make it right for them.
    Overall this particular Tmo store was on top of things and were giving exemplary service to their customers.
    09-22-2016 05:10 AM
    I switched mine out at a T Mobile store at the mall in Brandon,Florida. Took about twenty minutes. Helpful associate. Didn't have the black, which I originally had. Took the blue, which I actually think looks great. Phone does seem snappier, and in the limited time I've had it, the battery seems better. Overall, I'm very happy with the experience.
    slackerjack likes this.
    09-22-2016 05:23 AM
    I switched mine out at a T Mobile store at the mall in Brandon,Florida. Took about twenty minutes. Helpful associate. Didn't have the black, which I originally had. Took the blue, which I actually think looks great. Phone does seem snappier, and in the limited time I've had it, the battery seems better. Overall, I'm very happy with the experience.

Props...I'm from Bradenton and used to go to that mall all the time . Is that cement floor BBQ place still around the corner? My mouth is watering just thinking about it...no idea the name...I always called it "Next Man," since that's how they call you up to order
    09-22-2016 06:05 AM
    got 2 replaced in Flint MI ATT got last 2 in blue painless transaction. 1.43 per phone tax difference total cost
    09-22-2016 06:26 AM
    My new note is not fast charging and draining quicker

I'll sit on the battery for a week. The included cable for charging works fast, but my after market cable that WAS working with the prior note 7 is no longer fast charging.
    09-22-2016 06:30 AM
    I got my blue & black swapped out at 2 different VZW stores as the first store only had the blue phone. The first store also managed to screw up the exchange for the 2nd phone, as they used the black phone's exchange on the blue phone, and then there was no way to return the black phone at the 2nd store. They ended up calling store #1 and yelling at them for being morons, and store #2's manager eventually got it straightened out with some computer system trickery, but between the 2 stores, it took about 4 hours to get both phones exchanged, activated, and data transferred. Glad it's over.
    09-22-2016 07:43 AM
    To help keep the clutter down I'm going to make a thread where people can post when they got their replacement. Try and include the following.

Carrier?
    Store or via mail?
    Location? (city / state)

Thanks!
    Then VZW called...and I break into my happy dance....lol
    TPA, FL here. Picked up my baby Weds night....got to keep accessories, box was the same...minor glitch, had to get black instead of silver.
    09-22-2016 08:24 AM
    Personally I was disappointed they didn't have white so silver was the closest to it, my dream would be pink ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
    Ya i'm not sure why they didn't go with white. Silver was the ugliest color to me though.

If it helps, coral blue has rose gold (PINK), edges. And there is a pink s7 edge.
    09-22-2016 03:48 PM
    Received my new Note. Yay. Did not receive a rerun label and the text I received from Verizon after the phone arrived said to enjoy my purchase.
    09-22-2016 04:04 PM
    Ya i'm not sure why they didn't go with white. Silver was the ugliest color to me though.

If it helps, coral blue has rose gold (PINK), edges. And there is a pink s7 edge.
    Ohhhhhh now I MUST see it in person, thanks for the info!
    09-22-2016 04:06 PM
    Ohhhhhh now I MUST see it in person, thanks for the info!
    NP.

I only saw it at best buy. The color is pink gold.

Still not a note 7 though.
    09-22-2016 04:08 PM

Ugh why is always the phones I don't want come in pink? Or they come in pink but not in the US (Note 4) I did end up buying the pink battery cover and s-pen when I had the white note 4 but it looked funny as hell. ๐Ÿ˜‚
    French likes this.
    09-22-2016 04:10 PM
    Our long national nightmare is over!!!!

AT&T
    Best Buy
    Box was the same
    Columbia, SC
    dlgus likes this.
    09-22-2016 04:13 PM

I wouldnt call those edges rose gold...its more gold and only slightly can reflect pink in certain lighting situations...but mostly appears gold
    09-22-2016 04:16 PM

Wow I had the Titanium Silver laying next to the Coral Blue that they was replacing my phone with.
    I didn't realize how much I liked the Titanium silver.
    I would of gone with the Titanium but they didn't have any.
    Dukins likes this.
    09-22-2016 04:42 PM

Unless i'm color blind.
    My coral blue is silver around the edges.
    I have a At&t phone oh.
    Don't see any pink or gold anywhere.
    09-22-2016 04:44 PM
    Unless i'm color blind.
    My coral blue is silver around the edges.
    I have a At&t phone oh.
    Don't see any pink or gold anywhere.
    It's definitely not pink..i think it's a gold with a hint of silver
    09-22-2016 04:45 PM
    My new note is not fast charging and draining quicker

I'll sit on the battery for a week. The included cable for charging works fast, but my after market cable that WAS working with the prior note 7 is no longer fast charging.
    I saw a member post something similar the other day and they were using a 3rd party cable. They said once they used the one that came with the phone it started fast charging again, maybe give that a shot. Also ensure fast charging is enabled in settings.
    09-22-2016 05:01 PM
605 ... 2021222324 ...