Note 7: I got my replacement! Thread

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Problem is that most people don't read behind the headline. All they read is Samsung phones blow up and that's it. Samsung will have to do a huge PR campaign to regain confidence

Desean1

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Has there been anyone who turned their Note 7 in early and was able to get a new replacement? I bought mine August 30th and turn it in September 1st when they announced recall. I'm with T-Mobile

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Has there been anyone who turned their Note 7 in early and was able to get a new replacement? I bought mine August 30th and turn it in September 1st when they announced recall. I'm with T-Mobile
I returned my phone on the 4th and I was able to get a new replacement on this past Monday. It should show on your account that you returned the phone. Im with att though.

screwhead728

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Woke up today with green battery icons. AT&T. I honestly don't care about it if it's green. I'm happy I got my Note 7 back. Period.

Last edited:

Voxelflinger

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
Woo Hoo, got my second exchange in a 90 min at BBY. They didn't do the data transfer and that turned out better that using the Smart Switch cable. I went home and just did the Smart Switch over wifi. Everything was replaced except the app passwords. A lot of apps need to be upgraded but everything was where I left it on the screens. Overnight there was an AT&T upgrade that turned the battery icon green. Most of the custom settings have to be created again such as the sleep mode, clock sidebar and the sidebar setting. Overall not a bad experience.

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Sprint.
Just got update this morning. Green battery now.

Before
2fc1bdfb9b5080bdc7391227a8af0902.jpg

After
7ed524f1cd79a69cb888840ab7631bc7.jpg

dfb14bfefdb9d479f5d4a86996a2c67f.jpg

dcooper830

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I had a flawless experience with Best Buy.

My replacement came in yesterday... the exchange took less than 10 minutes and I was on my way!

I brought the box and all accessories... and I was just gonna straight up asl if I could keep the accessories... but I didnt even have to ask .. the girl helping me said i could keep them! :)

So now I have an extra charger, adapter, ear buds etc...

Came home.. did my software update.. green battery icon.. phone is working great.. I'm good to go!! :)

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Just an FYI...AT&T rolled out an update last night (at least for me) to change the battery icon green

Yep !

Mine updated itself while I was asleep.
Woke up and had to log in to my phone.
Noticed the battery Indicator was green.
Now I see what folks are talking about on it being green
Sure is nice to have a New note 7 back in my hand.

racin06

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
Yesterday, I stopped by my local Verizon store and exchanged my Note 7 for a new replacement Note 7. The transaction was very smooth.

Carrier - Verizon
Store or Via Email - Store
Any difference in the boxes? - I didn't notice.
Location - Westfield, Indiana

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Got mine swapped at my local Best Buy tonight. The process was quick and painless since I had everything backed up on samsung cloud already. The rep refused to help me transfer data anyway. I'm on Verizon too. The guy next to me was also getting his swapped and was on att.

They were instructed to only have Samsung reps do it, so if none in store, no transfer help. The process is long enough, so doing the data as well would add an hour more. They want this to go as quickly as possible without many lines of customers waiting hours.

Bcool

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Had to post your pic on the other thread discussing cracked screen... it looks like a redesign to me but I have to look at pic of my buddies phone that cracked.
I returned mine yesterday and right off the new one felt a little different. I looked at both side by side and couldn't really see much of a difference. The Sprint guy helping pointed out that there was more space on the top and bottom of the SPen. Very slight and almost imperceptible. For me I noticed it the most in the feel. It felt thicker, though fit the same in the case.

soulsmilen

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

Pretty sure this is no different from before. I looked at old pictures on the forum, and they all have the same border.

Is it possible you had a case on before and just didn't notice? One of the easiest phones to see it on is the phone with the flame wallpaper. It is posted on a few threads here. I tried to grab it to show here, but I couldn't do it using the app I'm using. Look for that and others and you'll see.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
There has to be a way for people to distinguish a good Note 7 from a bad one. Unless there's another way to easily distinguish it, green battery icon probably is the easiest and quickest method to differentiate the two.

It's not a huge deal to me by any means, but I prefer the uniform look of it being white. I wish they would have pushed a similar update that you couldn't reject (maybe 3 am) and make all the defective battery icons a bright red. And change the dangerous Note's wallpaper automatically to a HD photo of flames and remove the feature to change it. That would do the same thing in the sense of differentiating, without it being a permanent thing.

Angus66

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Well after spending a good part of yesterday trying to get a replacement Note 7 only to be told repeatedly "we don't have any yet & we don't know when they will arrive."

This changed to either no one answering the phones at stores or "we are all sold out - try again in a week"

The best was talking to Verizon and them saying "stores opened early today and they're now sold out"
Would have been awfully nice to know that. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Carrier - Verizon
Store or Via Email - Store
Any difference in the boxes? - Double Bar Code stickers on box with new little black square.
Location - Gainesville, Florida

barskin

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Got my new Note 7 today at the AT&T store on Boylston Street in Boston (where I originally bought it). It was easy, because I have never taken a loaner and I had my original sales slip, etc. on the ready.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz