Note 7: I got my replacement! Thread

mia_xoxo

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
I went into my local AT&T and T-Mobile store here in Jacksonville NC and both have said they haven't received any replacements yet. Told me to check back on the 21st.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
The two corporate VZW stores closest to me both said they have not received any yet. What I don't understand is how VZW and other retailers translate Samsung's announcement of,

"Exchange your current Galaxy Note7 device with a new Galaxy Note7 as approved by the CPSC available no later than September 21, 2016"

to

"On Wednesday, 9/21/16, Samsung's new Note7 will be available."

I would interpret that to mean the day you get them, start replacing them ASAP, and be sure to have this DONE by the 21st.

I completely agree with this! This is what I don't under stand either!

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I think one of the reasons that they are saying they dont have them. Is because of the iPhone 7 release .
My Verizon store wasn't even crowded yesterday.... More workers than customers... Guess they had everyone on staff, working in anticipation of the iPhone rush that obviously didn't happen. At least, not at that location.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm glad I called the at&t store this afternoon and talked to the girl there.
She said they are releasing them starting in the morning.
It's a 50 mile drive. But I'm gonna be there.

chuco35

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I can see setting a certain date if these were pre-orders, but these are freaking replacements! "Shut them down, don't use......but you can't get the replacements till the 21st even if stores have them". Dumb!

Totally. They're literally playing with fire. At least some of the 2.5m purchasers will continue to use their devices until they get their replacements. Why not get the replacements out as soon as you have them to avoid as many explosions as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Totally. They're literally playing with fire. At least some of the 2.5m purchasers will continue to use their devices until they get their replacements. Why not get the replacements out as soon as you have them to avoid as many explosions as possible.

I'm sure that's Samsung's intent, but for whatever reason it's just not working out that way 😕

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site

Funny.
All the people at the At&t store had their Note 7 in their pockets.
Said I'm using it till I get a Note replacement.
You seem to know more than them.
If you was scared you should quit using yours.
But don't throw panic in everybody else.
Geesus.

Daniel Ferrara

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
Funny.
All the people at the At&t store had their Note 7 in their pockets.
Said I'm using it till I get a Note replacement.
You seem to know more than them.
If you was scared you should quit using yours.
But don't throw panic in everybody else.
Geesus.

The guy at the AT&T store today was surprised that I still had and was using mine! Actually, today is one month that I have had it. I can't wait to get my replacement, but in the meantime, still using it.

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
The store I talked to Saturday said a Sprint store in Flint, MI sold a phone to someone that day. They apparently know nothing about the process.

jpprice14

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
Just picked my original from the Samsung service center. Return it to my carrier here in about an hour for my replacement. I'll be happy to have it back after struggling with a S7 Edge for for days. Ohh in South Korea. KT telecom.

jpprice14

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
309289760fd30f089fbb2c6dda600917.jpg

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I'm curious, if anyone on AT&T has been able to get a replacement yet? If so, was it in the OEM packaging, or the ugly blue & white carrier boxing?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch